IO: addicted to pumpkin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could I just say that my pumpkin soup is the dogs bollocks..

get 1 pumpkin, 3/4 potatoes & 1 onion & cut them all up.

stick them in a pot with a dash of oil for about 11 mins

Add a pint or so of vegetable stock, a bit of pepper, salt, & a pinch of nutmeg.

Let it boil then simmer for 12 mins.

Whack it all in a blender.

Put it back in the pot and add a bit of milk.

Finished.

People will love you, especially if they haven't had pumpkin before. (we dont tend to eat a huge amount of pumpkin in the UK)

yum Ellay :drool: !!!!!!!!

I made pumpkin bread with chocolate chips yesterday because of THIS thread.

Yesterday our department was taken out for a very nice lunch. For dessert I had pumpkin pie! :drool:

It's Thanksgiving this weekend here in Canada, so I'm sure there will be more pumpkin consumed. :drool:

I'm thinking about making some kind of pumpkin bread this weekend. If anyone has a great recepie, feel free to send it my way!

I found it!!

PUMPKIN BREAD (scrumptious with a cup of cider)

1/2 Cup salad oil
1-1/2 Cup Sugar
2 eggs
1 Cup pumpkin
1/2 Cup water
1-2/3 Cup sifted flour
1 tsp EACH: salt & baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp EACH: cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg

Optional:
1/2 Cups EACH: chopped nuts and raisins

In a large bowl, mix together the first five ingredients. Sift together the flour and spices and add, stirring until well blended. Add nuts and raisins. Pour into a greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan for one hour at 350 degrees.

Hint: Can easily be doubled :wink:

"Carek's Pumpkin Bread" is now in my recipe file. Thx!! :drool:

I've never had pumpkin. It's not very popular here. Our starbucks have biscuits covered with pictures of witches and pumpkins on the front for Halloween instead.

Carek1230 said:

Glad you copied it, I am here to share. I've thought of starting recipe threads on occasion. It's fun to share favorite recipes. Especially seasonal ones. :wink:

Fabulous...please do! I'll post my family favourite - Chicken breast w' hoisin sauce! And i got a great Aussie altenative to the humble Christmas Pudding and brandy custard!

Since this thread has started, I've been hungry for a piece of pumpkin pie. Right now I don't have the time to make one, so today I stopped at the local bakery and bought one. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom