IO: a girl cannot have a best friend who is a guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lauren430

Refugee
:|

Let's just say tonight I went with my "supposed" best guy friend to the Collective Soul show and I have never felt so alone in my life. :sad:

Last edited:
and what the fuck is with that link thing that I didn't want? I think my computer has like 10 viruses

Well, I ended up realizing that I like him, and he knew this, and instead of talking to me about and telling me he doesn't feel the same way, he basically snubbed me last night; ignored me completely even though I was drunk and 40 year old men were grabbing my ass and hitting on me....the 5 minutes we were together he made some comment about "wanting to get some of (this random girl's) that pussy" in front of me....then didn't even say goodbye or ask me if I was ok to walk in the dark by myself and drive home. And no, he was not drunk. So I was essentially at this amazing concert by myself, sporadically crying because of his behavior.

So apparently this was his way of "telling" me I am just a friend. But he WASN'T EVEN A GOOD GUY FRIEND LAST NIGHT.

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Even today I can't stop crying. It's never going to be the same again.

Last edited:
Oh Lauren....:hug: That was a nasty, mean, and unsafe thing for him to do. What a jerk. You don't deserve to be treated like that by anyone.

When Philly comes my dear, I'll make sure you're having a fabulous time. :heart:

KhanadaRhodes said:
he doesn't sound like a very good friend to me. no guy should let someone be subjected to being sexually harassed and let them walk home alone.

I agree. No friend should ever act like that and imagine if you had got involved with him and later discovered he would do something like that. :hug

WOW, that is awful. I have alot of friends that are female and even though there is nothing sexual there I would never talk like that around them or not care about their safety.

I agree with the others, this guy doesnt sound like much of a friend at all and certainly not a relationship boyfriend.

Sorry it ruined the show though. The last time I saw Collective Soul they were great.

Last edited:
Lara Mullen said:

I agree. No friend should ever act like that and imagine if you had got involved with him and later discovered he would do something like that. :hug:

Agreed. The guy is a jerk. How is it that he wasn't taking care of you? I say you should drop him like a bad habit.

Wipe your tears away, the guy isn't worth one of them.

Last edited:
Thanks all.

He called and apologized for over an hour yesterday and we're working on it. It's not easy because that REALLY REALLY sucked but we all make mistakes (albeit this was a HUGE one) and I'm trying to get over it.....but if he EVER does anything like that ever again.....ooohhhhhhh the wrath that will ensue :shame:

Yeah, you should make him eat dirt or something. :angry:

Be careful Lauren, because no friend, guy or not, should ever do that to you. Something bad could have happened to you and I'm so glad that you made it home safely.

Sounds crappy :sad:

It is also my experience that best friend type relationships do not work with the opposite sex.

I did like Collective Soul when I saw them this tour. It was only the second time for me, and I do admit that their older stuff is much better.

Sorry that you didn't have a better time.

Back
Top Bottom