im officially sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cell

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
don't ever watch the anna nicole smith show. especially when you have the stomach flu. it makes every thing much much worse. i can't believe i was that bored. my poor stomach...

i watched the pilot episode, but it scared me; perhaps even scarred me. she's sad, and i can't understand millions of ppl watching it and the train wreck of a person she has become. not that i think E! is a meritous network, but i devalued them immediately for exploiting her like that. not that they're forcing her to exploit herself.. i dunno.. that whole phenomenon makes me :barf:

Yuck. It's not even funny in the Ozzy way.....just sick and sad.

Wanna talk sick....I just got a call from a friend today who's been laid off since July. She begins a month-long contract job tomorrow. This plus I think the temp service I applied with last week is giving me the runaround.

I don't know what to do. I feel like I can't take this shit anymore. 11 months and counting. Please hope I don't do anything stupid if indeed I hit one year. :|

:sad: <------LOSER

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Yuck. It's not even funny in the Ozzy way.....just sick and sad.

Wanna talk sick....I just got a call from a friend today who's been laid off since July. She begins a month-long contract job tomorrow. This plus I think the temp service I applied with last week is giving me the runaround.

I don't know what to do. I feel like I can't take this shit anymore. 11 months and counting. Please hope I don't do anything stupid if indeed I hit one year. :|

:sad: <------LOSER

:hug:

Girl, don't you make me call you again!! :wave:

Will probably hit UK MTV at some point next year :|

April, your out there making a real effort..your not sitting down and letting all the bullshit overtake you to the point where you've given up trying because you see no point..please explain how this defines a loser mentality ?

April your not a loser!:hug:

Since I'm feeling a bit better, and not throwing up all over the damn place...I'm turning in my application today for a seasonal job at the mall. If I get this job at least I'll get to buy Santa gifts for my daughter, family, and friends.

I hate being unemployed:(

Yknow.. I think maybe you should go get a job at the mall or something in the meantime.. anything, just so you have something to do and you're not going stir crazy. You can always quit when you find a good job.

And maybe get away from this computer. Just go to every place in your city and the cities around you. I'm sure you're willing to drive a few miles if it means having a job. Apply EVERYWHERE. Because it seems like you're beyond frustrated. And we dont like to see you like this.

If you keep calling yourself a loser, pretty soon you're going to actually believe you are one. And that certainly isnt going to help you.

you guys all seriously rock

I do, too, icelle. I pray you get that job so you can buy your little girl gifts. :hug:

My mom told me her and her boyfriend went shopping this weekend, and that he bought me two of the things on my list, lol. I told her "people have to stop being nice to me". :slant: I also told her I hope I can get her something for everything she's done this year, and she said not to even think about it. :hug:

I know, I've been trying, getting my ass out there, but I feel like applying for every job in the paper/online and heading out on hunting trips (applying everywhere I see a sign) isn't enough. :shrug: I know the economy is horrible, and that I'm not the only one, so I have to stop this selfish mindset that it's me and nothing else. Something will come through, it's only a matter of how lucky I get.

I'll feel better soon, guys. I have been keeping a positive mindset, despite momentary lapses that usually find their way onto this forum.

You guys, along with other friends and family, are what's been keeping me strong this year. Without you all I'd be nothing. :sad: :hug:

Sicy said:
Yknow.. I think maybe you should go get a job at the mall or something in the meantime.. anything, just so you have something to do and you're not going stir crazy. You can always quit when you find a good job.

And maybe get away from this computer. Just go to every place in your city and the cities around you. I'm sure you're willing to drive a few miles if it means having a job. Apply EVERYWHERE. Because it seems like you're beyond frustrated. And we dont like to see you like this.

If you keep calling yourself a loser, pretty soon you're going to actually believe you are one. And that certainly isnt going to help you.

Girl, I went to the mall 3 times over the last 2 months. I applied for five jobs there (I went in plenty more stores, none were hiring), and nothing came of them. They were seasonal even!!! Remember that dept. store interview I had a month ago? They only hired 4 people, and I didn't make the cut. :rant:

I'd be willing to shine boots at the friggin airport if it meant doing something. I've applied at places by where my mom works, 45 minutes away. I've applied places I don't even know how far away they are. Believe me, I've applied. :|

This economy is just horrible. Over the summer there was a call for airport security jobs. For 800 positions, 10,000 people showed up, no joke. I appplied last week for city clerk/typist in the city my aunt and uncle used to live in. When the lady took my application, she placed it on a stack about 40 high.

I'm not making any of this shit up. My friend who got the contract job, she told me she's been doing the same, looking high and low, and hasn't had many interviews. This thing she has now, it came about after meeting a friend of a friend at a wedding she attended.

It's tough out there, but I'm still going/looking. :sigh:

:hug: icelle, hope you feel better soon and that you do find a job and your gorgeous little girl gets spoilt by santa :hug: again....just cos :)

Big :hug: to you too pop girlie, I'm glad you listen to everyone here, cos they are all right, especially Sicy and Acroboy. You AREN'T a loser, you just have no job and its an unfortunate vacuumn that tends to spiral downward until you get back on your financial feet. Its never a question of 'if' only 'when' you finally get a break and get a job again. You wont spend forever unemployed, it just doesn't happen like that. The way you feel is so normal, after a length of time it gets so depressing you really start to think you wont cope with it anymore. And this time of year that is coming up makes it so much harder to put on a smile and approach anyone and everyone for work. I know for a fact though that the month of January and sometimes even into February is the biggest time for staff moving. Christmas season tends to get people restless and the unemployed have more chance in Jan than any other time of year for gaining one of those soon to be vacated spots. Keep looking for now, but give yourself a Christmas present by allotting yourself 1-2 weeks off in the near future, once Christmas has passed. Dont pick up a paper, dont necessarily keep an ear out for a word of mouth opportunity. Give yourself time off from looking completely. If one of those golden opportunities doesn't pop up, like they tend to do when we stop looking for things, plan ahead of your break with the biggest onslaught yet for cold canvassing and cold calling. Draw up the largest list of contacts you can, go to the phone book, where ever you can find a place you think you might like to work and start flooding the market with your application. 2 weeks after that begin your follow up calls so you dont miss the HR staff who have likely taken a holiday themselves and may have missed your app on their desk amongst the various resignations.
Sorry to ramble on. I feel for you, but I know its going to have its end soon enough. You are too good to miss out for that much longer.

Angela Harlem said:
:hug: icelle, hope you feel better soon and that you do find a job and your gorgeous little girl gets spoilt by santa :hug: again....just cos :)

Big :hug: to you too pop girlie, I'm glad you listen to everyone here, cos they are all right, especially Sicy and Acroboy. You AREN'T a loser, you just have no job and its an unfortunate vacuumn that tends to spiral downward until you get back on your financial feet. Its never a question of 'if' only 'when' you finally get a break and get a job again. You wont spend forever unemployed, it just doesn't happen like that. The way you feel is so normal, after a length of time it gets so depressing you really start to think you wont cope with it anymore. And this time of year that is coming up makes it so much harder to put on a smile and approach anyone and everyone for work. I know for a fact though that the month of January and sometimes even into February is the biggest time for staff moving. Christmas season tends to get people restless and the unemployed have more chance in Jan than any other time of year for gaining one of those soon to be vacated spots. Keep looking for now, but give yourself a Christmas present by allotting yourself 1-2 weeks off in the near future, once Christmas has passed. Dont pick up a paper, dont necessarily keep an ear out for a word of mouth opportunity. Give yourself time off from looking completely. If one of those golden opportunities doesn't pop up, like they tend to do when we stop looking for things, plan ahead of your break with the biggest onslaught yet for cold canvassing and cold calling. Draw up the largest list of contacts you can, go to the phone book, where ever you can find a place you think you might like to work and start flooding the market with your application. 2 weeks after that begin your follow up calls so you dont miss the HR staff who have likely taken a holiday themselves and may have missed your app on their desk amongst the various resignations.
Sorry to ramble on. I feel for you, but I know its going to have its end soon enough. You are too good to miss out for that much longer.

:up:

You can't see me now, but I'm so tackling you with hugs, Angelina. :) :wave:

Back
Top Bottom