I'm officially fucking PISSED OFF!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diemen

Resident Photo Buff
Staff member
:censored: :censored: :censored: !!!!!!!

So I was out at a bar with some friends, and we decide to head over to a 24 hour diner for some food afterwards. We head out in two cars with 5 of of my friends in front and me following. One of my friends calls me on the cell to say i should pass them cause my friend driving forgot the way to the diner. So I move to pass, and what does my friend decide to? Speeds up, CUTS IN FRONT OF ME AND SLAMS ON THE BRAKES. Leaving me of course no option but to hit him.

My hood goes under his rear fender, and now my left side hood is bent, the headlight is broken (well, it still works but the case is broken), and it looks like the headlight was actually pushed back against the engine wall, and the side front panel is bent and torn. The engine seems fine though.

But wait, it gets better. My friend, who is now clearly drunk (I hadn't noticed how much he had to drink and he seemed fine), gets out of the car, and I ask him what the FUCK he was thinking, and he says "did I hit you?"

"No, but you cut in front of me, so I had no choice but to hit you."

"Yeah, but did I hit you?"

:rant: :yell: :scream: :mad:

I calmly explain that I'm sure he didn't mean to cut me off, but he is clearly at fault, as my other 4 friends will agree, and if we'd like to keep insurance out of it then I'll take his number and call him with the estimate and he could pay out of pocket. He says "fuck that." I'm already steaming mad by this point and say, "look man, I don't want to get into petty shit, but I could also call the police and we could do it that way." Now he starts getting violent. My friends hold him back, and only when I actually dial 911 and start to report the accident does mr asshole drunk decide to play nice and they convince me to hang up the phone.

So I have his drunken "word" now that he will pay for damages, but we'll see how this goes tomorrow when I call to talk to him.

I don't think I've ever been this pissed off. :scream:

:ohmy: Dude... that fucking sucks! :no: I'm sorry bout your ride. I hope he does follow up and reimburses you...

If he tries to get out of it I'd say take him to judge judy. I don't think she'd put up with his crap.

martha said:
File a police report TODAY! Sure, you hit him, but the idiot was drunk! What if he decides to try this again, but next time he hurts or kills someone? I say report the asshole now!

I agree. I'm sorry if he's your friend, but I have absolutely NO tolerance for drunk drivers (as evidenced by the time I stole a drunk guy's car in college so he couldn't drive it :shifty: ).

I was getting officially fucking pissed off just reading this. :tsk:

Ouch. Jesus. Man, I couldn't have restrained myself if that was me Diemen. You say he's your friend...Is he? Really? That is just so unbelievably stupid, granted he was/is drunk...but sheesh. You should report it.

Or hold something of his to ransom until he pays up.

I have no tolerance.

Glad you weren't hurt.

I am really sorry this happened to you and not to knock you while you are down, but you should have called the cops.
Drunk drivers, friends are not, should not go unpunished. It sickens me.
I don't understand why people need to drive after they've had even one drink. :| The laws the law.

File a report now. That guy is not your friend and there is no way he'll pay for the damage.

If diemen was drinking too I doubt it would do him any good to file a report on the other guy. Especially since he rear ended him.. even though it wasnt his fault :huh:

It's a really shitty situation that's for sure. The things we wish we could do differently.

I had a few drinks at the bar but I was sober before I ever got in the car. This guy is more of a work acquaintance than a friend, but I'm pretty sure he's going to realize he's at fault when he wakes up today and sees a message from me waiting for him. Right now I'm just ready to let insurance handle this, but I wouldn't mind having him pay out of pocket for the expenses. I'm pretty sure he'll agree that he was at fault, since I also have 4 witnesses to the accident and he should be a lot easier to reason with when he's sober. But looking back on it, I should never have hung up once I called the police.

GRRrrrrrrrrr. :mad:

So I talked today with one of my friends who was in the car with mr. drunk. My friend was sitting right behind mr drunk, and said that mr drunk was looking in the side mirror when I was moving to pass, and to him it looked like Mr Drunk pretty much cut me off on purpose.

:rant: :scream: :yell: :mad:

I called Mr. Drunk today and he said he needed a day to check finances out and see if he could do this out of pocket. I'm getting an estimate tomorrow morning, and then I'm talking to this guy and telling him he has three choices. 1) Pay out of pocket. 2) Give me his policy number and we'll let insurance handle it. 3) I'll call the police and file a report.

dude, this situation totally sucks :down:

:uhoh: but if you call the police a couple days after the accident had taken place, wouldn't it be more difficult to place a "legit" report? :shrug:

unless, you take him to court, where your 4 friends would testify against him.

I have his license plate number, and I can describe to them where the paint from my car is on his rear bumper. I'm pretty sure they can do something with that in the unlikely event that he refuses to go with option 1 or 2.

Plus I also have 4 witnesses to the event and the ensuing argument, including one who thinks mr. drunk caused the accident on purpose.

Last edited:
man, that totally sucks.

I had enough problems when a friend of mine rear-ended me on the way to the U2 show in SD!

He payed for it, but it took him over a year, and he wasn't even drunk.

Mine was worse though- the trunk wouldn't shut right anymore.

Last edited:
Where's a jaw drop smiley when you need one?

So....I took the car in for an estimate today. I paid $1K for the car. The estimate is for a little over.........$3K.

:ohmy:

:yikes:

:faint:

Isn't there a clause with most insurance companies that if the cost of repair is more than the blue book value for the car, that you can classify it as a total and just take the repair money from the other guy's insurance company? $3K would get me a much better used car...

I think so yes, but I think they give you the vaule of the car, not the repair estimate.

I could be wrong though.

Back
Top Bottom