I'm officially employed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cell

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I just got a job last night and I start today! It is a temp to hire position so I hope they like me enough to keep me for a while. I've never worked in an office environment before so I'm kinda nervous. Keep me in prayers pleeeeeeze! Thanks
smile.gif

------------------
you've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice..

Congrats! I'm sure you'll do great!

------------------
"I'm nearly great, but there's something missing..."

Yay nellie!!!!!!!

Welcome to the world of temping! Its crazy, but you'll love it!

I really hope this all works out for you!

Congratulations
smile.gif

Oh yah that's exactly what we need. KARMA

I fell a Zen party coming on.....

hummmmmm
hummmmmm
Karma gods I summon your presence
hummmmmm
hummmmmm
Bestow on Zone,POPAngel and Whacka your good vibes
hummmmmm
hummmmmm

*enters Karma*

Karma karma karma chameleooonnnnn
You come and go you come and go o o o

*WHACK WHACK WHACK*

Not that kind of Karma you edeot! Begone with you!

Whacka looks around stoically....

Damn Karma, must have been shoveling the damn peanuts into her mouth with the spatula and well you know what happens when they do that....

Next time we'll have to try summoning Zen

smile.gif
smile.gif
oh well rubs Zones head for good luck

oh yah I forgot....congrats....on the job thing

Jobs are good to have...hey can you spare some change....I do tricks
biggrin.gif

Congrats nellie!

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

Yay Nellie!!

CONGRATS and lots of luck!!!!

smile.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

well, i'm home from my first job assignment, and it was a nightmare commuting by bus to get there and home. it took me four hours to get to my job site, and four hours to get home. those online bus information sites are full of shit!!! telling me it would only take me 2 hours to get there and back...god!!

on the otherhad...the job was really easy. at first my boss didnt want me to go anywhere near his computer when he thought i knew this program called 'peachtree' but its almost the same thing as quickbooks pro, and he made me sit in the reception area and he called my placement guy (jesse)and my boss(mick) was all weirded out and it started to make me nervous. anyways he convinced him to give me a chance to prove myself and he put me to work on the sales orders. then his computer kept crashing because some of his other workers kept fooling around with the main computer trying to update the system or whatever it is they said they were doing. after an hour, i ended up filing and i worked for about 5 hours total. from what i found out from jesse, he said that mick really liked me, and that i caught on to everything with the program he uses really quick. but i'm not going back there because of the commute. if i would have known ahead of time how long it would have taken me to get there, i doubt i would have done it. but i needed the experience, and i wanted to get my foot in the door so that i can get other jobs too. i wish i could have stayed with that company, but its too far. well, thats my story and my experience for the day. i know i'll have more to come. thank you guys for all your encouragement and i'll be keeping you posted if i have anymore exciting job stories of mine. now if you'll excuse me i'll go scream..
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by nellie (edited 04-13-2002).]

Awww, sorry it didn't work out for ya nellie. 4 hours! Yikes...that's some commute!

Better luck next time! *HUGS*

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

Originally posted by nellie:
it took me four hours to get to my job site, and four hours to get home.

Oh my fuck.

I think I should start appreciating the fact that it takes me 5 minutes to get to work.

Back
Top Bottom