I'm officially cold...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
...in my own house. I don't even remember what it is like to be warm. I've froze all winter in this house. The pantry is frozen; the olive oil is a nice solid Crisco texture now.

I've grown used to this pattern, sadly. For all the money people in Boston have to use to rent places, you'd think that these greedy slumlords would learn how to insulate their money pits. I guess I was wrong. This is my second winter in a row that I've been frozen in my own house, and I even moved this year to somewhere new.

I really hate Boston. Please, save me from this frozen hellhole.

Melon

:(

My flat is constantly too hot. I have the heat off, and the window open, and I still throw all the covers off at night and wake up every 30 minutes because it's too warm in here. :down:

And I feel like my mental health is deteriorating again...

I can't go back to this again...:( I was so happy being normal...

Melon

Put the tinfoil shiny side up in the windows, to deflect the heat. :wink:

Or you could do what we used to do in the outback and place a large piece of hessian over the window and turn the hose on the roof and let the water run down the hessian and the hot desert air run through the wet hessian. This of course may not work in Nottingham............and the people in the flat below may not be too happy. :|

Isnt there a really huge tree in Nottingham? Go and sleep at the top of that. :huh:

PS None of the above suggestions are useful I was just tired of being hit by my child....... oh, hell, who just spilt her winnie the poo drink flask full of choc milk all over the rug... bye...

I cant imagine what a full proper winter is like. I have never seen snow in my life. I guess if you live there you would eventually get used to it? Can you afford one of those portable gas filled upright heaters? Bar heaters are evil - says Safety Beli. And the blowy ones dry your skin and throat.

I hope its over soon.

The arctic blast we are expecting is coming in

It was icy at 4pm today and we had to wait 20 mins before it was warm enough for my Mum to venture out to the car - my Dad wont let her be slightly cold, we have the fire going and the central heating on and its going to be minus 4 tonight and the arctic blast doesnt really start until tomorrow and tuesday.

My doctor actually diagnosed me with Raynaud's Phenomenon which is basically a severe aversion to cold. Of course living on Lake Ontario doesn't help much either. :huh:

Aralitia said:

Uhm no Ireland :der: but the whole of the Uk is getting the arctic blast :up:

Sorry, most of the people around here seem to be North Americans so I just presumed - the wrong thing. I really should work out the time differences so I can guess peoples nationality by their timezone.

I didnt realise it got that cold in Ireland. I had heard it can get pretty cold in the North of Scotland. Are you at the top of Ireland or does it get freezing cold in all of Ireland? (excuse my ignorance)

Its warmer in the South of Ireland around Kerry but it gets very cold here everywhere at sometime during winter.

Scotland does seem to suffer from the bad weather the most but most places in the UK will be affected by this cold period thats coming - good news is it will only last 5 days or so. Its been quite mild lately.

beli said:
I have just googled Troll Mountain and Im only getting Norway hits.... or have I not scrolled far enough down the list?

:lmao:

No we just have affectionately named where we live Troll mountain - its really called Cavehill.

cavehill%20.jpg

Lots of people here also call its Napoleons nose because of the shape of it.

I dont know how high up we live but we can walk to the very top of the mountain in about 20 minutes or so and my aunt lives a couple of streets away and on a clear day you can see Scotland.

beli said:
Found it, Cavehill that is. Its really pretty. Yes, if you are living near the sea on top of a hill I bet it does get friggin cold.

:yes: It looks nicer in pictures than it does in real life though I think.

I am hoping we get snowed in on Tuesday so I dont have to go uni and do a presentation.

Aralitia said:

I am hoping we get snowed in on Tuesday so I dont have to go uni and do a presentation.

But how do they determine 'snowed in'. I grew up in the outback and when it got to 42 degrees celsius we could, officially, go home from school. But the thermometer was in the head masters airconditioned office so it was never 'hot' according to him. :(

Well a good snowfall here and we are snowed in easily we can't cope with snow, heavy rain, or jsut about anything. And if it snows a little bit anywhere we get loads of it here, so I would term snowed in as unable to drive the car out of the driveway :up: Last year it snowed really badly and everyone in our street abondoned their cars in the middle oft he road and everyone got thinks like turkey tins out and started sliding down the road and us and 2 sets of neighbours made a snowman in the middle of the street and all our friends who live in Belfast went to their workplaces :laugh: and didnt believe we had ltos of snow here

Back
Top Bottom