im officially blown away...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cell

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
today i received a letter from poetry.com telling me that they want to publish one of my poems in their upcoming book scheduled for release in the winter 2003. i think they have the wrong person. i dont know how this usually happens, if this is considered a big deal or not, but my face is white. im dizzy from the excitement. i want to pass out. maybe to some its just a poem. a bunch of words that some people find nice to read once in a while. but to me its my therapy, my way of healing. and to be recognized for something like this is just something really amazing, and cool at the same time. if you want to read some of my work its at the dream out loud forum, and also on poetry.com under my maiden name icelle minjares. the ones being considered for publication are "forces of nature" and "louie and me"

i think i'll drink some pepsi to celebrate

this is me right now-->:ohmy: :eek: :D :barf: :der: :crazy: :hyper:

that is absolutely wonderful news!!! :heart:

i'm so happy for you!! congratulations!

:D :happy: :)

*goes off to read poems

"forces of nature" is a really sexy poem. i love it. awesome images.

and "louis and me" is beautiful and so touching. :sad:

aww you guys are all awesome thanks everyone:)

im still kind of in denial about this whole thing, like did it really happened? for real? i don't know how else to express myself at times so i end up typing it out on notepad when i get these words in my head. i realize i won't make any money off of this publication, and i had to ask a few people in my family...if you had the chance to have your work published, but you wouldn't make any money...would you go for it? some of my friends said sure they would, and my mom: "hell yeah!" she still hasn't read the first one i submitted because its not something you show your mom or dad (oh look mom i wrote a poem about sex!). she understands thank God. she's so cool, she tells me when im ready i can show her the poems i wrote.

i never really thought about writing poetry until a good friend of mine overseas encouraged me to write. its not something i want to do for a living...its just nice to be heard and recognized for my work. thank you all for your support, it means alot to me:hug: :heart:

well, congratulations.

but i certainly hope this isnt the same poetry outfit that "accepts" poems from everyone only to sell it in a book that you should buy from them.

in other words, heres your free poetry, itll just cost ya 35 bucks to see it. there was a big thing about that on marketplace (cbc television) a while back.

i hope this is a real organization. this one i heard about accepts EVERYTHING.

Back
Top Bottom