I'm officially a DADDY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tizer

War Child
In the red corner..weighing in at heavy on your mind..LIFE

In the blue corner.weighing in at 3lb 7oz..Samuel David Tyson.

Fight begins and Samuel is hit by a few low blows..6 weeks early..lightweight and not ready for the contest. However, the prayers and good wishes start raining in and he gets the upper hand..GO ON SON!

What can you say. No warning. Just off to work and the wife calls me back to the house.. ten minutes later and we're in an ambulance! hour later and he's born. No messing. No fuss. Just unalduterated panic on behalf of his mother and a bizarre sense of calm in his father.

Surgeon reckons another hour and he'd have lost the fight. Puts your world into perspective I can tell you.

A week later and he's just come out of an incubator and into a cot, feeding well, off his drip and off his monitors. Top stuff. Early days but fingers crossed.

A week I wouldn't want to wish on anyone, but I wouldn't have missed it for the World.

:) Congratulations
My cousin was born and she was under 2lbs, now she is a happy, healthy 6 year old and has done really well. :up:
Hope he continues to do well :)

Yaaaaaaaaaaay Daddy Tiz ;) :hug: :love: :heart:

Samuel can call me Auntie MG hehe and again he is sooooo :cute:

BTW I was going to post some congrats here but I thought i'd wait till you posted :)

Tizer congratulations!!!!

Best wishes to Mrs Tizer and little Samuel! :applaud:

Good things come in small packages you know, and you cannot get better than a new baby son :heart:

My daughter was 6 weeks early and 6lbs 12oz. She would have been over 10 full term. :crazy:

:wave:

Congratulations and welcome to the world Lad!

Mr. BAW

ps...please keep us posted on his progress; best wishes to mom for all the hard work; and you should print this thread for the little one; a keepsake of prayer and hope from all the world! :)

Last edited:
Congratulations!!! :wave: :hyper: :applaud: :dance:

I hope the young one will have a long, healthy and happy life.

And will like U2. :sexywink:

My best wishes also to Mrs. Tizer.

Forget all those 200+ page manuals for TV's, cars, computers and cell-phones. Just be careful! :)

*hands Tizer a cigar*

Well done!

C ya!

Marty

Congratulations. Well done etc. It wont be long and Sam will be dropping toast, jam side up on the only clean part of the carpet, drawing on the walls (I hope you dont have french wash walls like we do) and asking questions you have never even considered eg "why doesnt the moon shine in my eyes"

:hug:

PS Do you have a photo you can share with us?

Last edited:
FLASHBACK Second Feb 2004

Tizer: my unborn child...is it a girl or a boy?
Beli: Boy.
Beli: My unborn child, is it a girl or boy?
Tizer: Boy

I was right (what a fluke!). We just have to wait a few months to see if you were right too.

Congratulations again.

Last edited:
Thanks very much people. We've had overwhelming support from the folks around us both with trying to get my house ready for his arrival as we're back and orth to the hospital and don't now have time to finish it off. It's time's like this that you believe again in the goodness that can be found in people, especially those who you wouldn't normally count as 'close' friends.

Beli, I'd forgotten about that question i posted...just goes to show that interferencers really know their stuff..or was that you scanning my wife?

I'll try to get a pic sorted out soon.

Again, many thanks for the good wishes.

The family Tyson

:cute: aww yay! Congrats! My niece fought for her life a few days after she was born, she was in NICU for 6 weeks. She is now a very healthy 6 year old girl. :D

Back
Top Bottom