im mad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
my com crashed 2 days ago and yes thats right, i have lost everything because i didnt have anything backed up.
all my word documents, all the hundreds of pics and graphics(all my sparklies :sad: ) ive collected over the past year and a bit, all my hundreds of mp3s i hadnt got around to burning, all the half fisnihed webpages id created in frontpage, all my messengers and downloaded programs, and xp is gone and we have to use shit windows 98 which is like going back to margarine after a lifetime on butter.
it types and scrolls slower than XP!

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:scream: :scream: :scream:

:yell: :yell: :yell:

*please excuse the baby for her high class tantrum*

Oh my god. That's horrible. My hard drive crashed in my last comp and though I had most of the important stuff saved, I lost a hell of a lot of crap and had to reinstall so much shit. I feel you.

If you need anything let me know, pics, mp3s whatever.. I'd be happy to burn you whatever you need.

thanks sicy, thats very kind of you.
but i dont even know where to start! :sad:
i cant even handle using this bloody windows 98 at the mo, its driving me crazy!

i just realised all my favourites are gone and i dont have half the sites that i actually need written down anywhere, let alone remember them :scream:

You know...

XP doesn't write over your data files... if you restored/upgraded your computer with XP....

eh?
u talkin a whole nuther language there matey
bro cant find the XP disc
BLAH
how come everything is so much slower in windows 98?
this forum must drive some people mental.
i have cable so my com isnt slow but these sigs and smilies are taking forever
lol i had no idea

No.. I meant exactly what I said..

When my hard drive crashed with Windows ME, I decided to upgrade to Windows XP.

First, I did what any computer tech would do... back up my files onto Zip and CDs, thinking that after I install Windows XP I would restore my back ups into the hard drive.

But as it turns out, after I successfully installed Windows XP, I didn't have to restore backups... Windows XP overwrote my hard drive, but it didn't touch the folders named "My Favorites", "My Music", "My Pictures", or even any other folders that contained data files... such as the folder I marked "Writing Portfolio."

Maybe not now... Since you already installed Win98, the OS software might have already overwritten your data files... In other words, the damage may already have been done.

On the other hand, if you had reinstalled WinXP immediately after your computer crash (i.e., stay away from installing any other OS), you would most likely have saved your data files.

Give me a yell if you need an XP disk matie. Boof has all that shit laying around here, plus my dad bought a new comp a few months ago and got XP on it. But your bro is a semi geek, maybe he can fix it up. Mofo might be right though with the overwrite. But dont panic yet. If worse comes to worst, there's lotsa people who can help you replace all your lost stuff.

:hug:

Sorry about that, Zoo.

This is sad...computers crashing, documents lost, photos deleted, Snapfish employees getting attacked by the mafia...and I lost a pair of earrings I've had since highschool. :tsk:

sorry about that manda :hug:

I just got a copy of XP from a friend of mine at work, and I think I'm going to try installing it this weekend and see how it works.

WOW, that totally sucks!!! :( I'm going to home and make copies of all my files!

If you need any Pearl Jam MP3's let me know.. I have tons! ;) LOL

Back
Top Bottom