I officially have a job

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura M

Blue Crack Addict
Oh yes I do ?5.20 an hour working 8 hours a week and oh my what lovely hours I have

Thursday 5pm - 10 pm

saturday Night - 7.15pm - 10.30pm

Which isnt so bad because I can go out on Friday nights and rest up and be fine for work on a Saturday night and I can go out after work on a Saturday because places dont liven up until after 11 ad Im only doing a 3 hour shift

I didnt think I got this job - thought I gave bad answers during the interivew

But I have done this job in another store before and its easy - the only thing is this is the 24 hour store and we call it the temple because its always busy especially near Christmas

Oh well a jobs a job and now I dont feel poor :heart:

Till work :yuck:

Its monkey work its dragging food through a convyor belt, weighing some fruit, pushng a few buttons and telling them a price, opening the till, putting the money in saying Thank You and then repeat it all over again

My sister said I used to look like death at a checkout :shifty:

ill have to put a nice face on this time

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
oh a cashier at a grocery store?

Supermarket a big huge supermarket - I worked with the same company before but this is one really close to my house (5 min drive away) so its handy :heart:

Gonna be horrid busy work though but Beggars cant be choosers as my good friend James reminds me every day

Id kill for those hours..of course I guess Id have to take a cut in my pay...oh damn...I hate having financial responsibilities...:mad:

I need to repay loans but then I need to study so I can only do a certain amount of hours and I havent seen my timetable yet will be getting it on monday I think

:applaud:

Congrats for the job and hooray for money!!!

I nearly applied to work in my local Safeway when I needed a job - I was encouraged by the fact that Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses was playing when I shopped there. But then I got a job at my local pub instead.

Safeways still plays loads of U2 though. They were playing Mysterious Ways the other day.

i worked in pizza hut...for 3 days :lol: and the manager kept giving me instructions but changing his mind and giving me different instructions then he called me stupid and he was really crude so i left went back the next day to collect my wages, he wanted me to stay & kept phoning our house in the end my mum had to tell him to stop calling or she was going to file a complaint against him for harrassing us- there is no way I was gonna be treated like rubbish for a job with awful pay and a really doirty boss.

bammo2 said:
:applaud:

Congrats for the job and hooray for money!!!

I nearly applied to work in my local Safeway when I needed a job - I was encouraged by the fact that Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses was playing when I shopped there. But then I got a job at my local pub instead.

Safeways still plays loads of U2 though. They were playing Mysterious Ways the other day.

Safeway beside us is in a dodgy area its where my friend was attacked so I wouldnt work there and the 24 hour tesco is a big pretty store - and lots of goodlooking ppl work there :shifty: :laugh:

Haha--I worked at a Pizza Hut for a few months back in '97...then I caught a horrible case of mono and had to miss a few months of school. Working there sucked.

Back
Top Bottom