I officially hate my roommate.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Ok, I have hated this guy all semester. He's just a goofy, emotionless, unbelievably annoying, disgusting, messy son of a bitch. I can barely tolerate his presence, but we manage to get along cordially, if only just.

And he so many weird quicks, unlikeable personality traits, and unspeakably disgusting habits, but this thing he did right now just reminds me that I'm living in an insane asylum disguised as a dorm floor. At least half of the people living here are as crazy or much crazier than my roommate. But this is what just happened.

I'm sitting here at my desk, as I have been for the past hour and a half, with him at his desk next to me, the big light in the ceiling turned on. His friend (who I doubt actually likes him) comes to the door and says "We're leaving now." I don't know where they're going. I don't care where they're going. I try to speak to him as little as possible at any given time. So he stands there awkwardly (everything he does is awkward) and says "alright." Still standing there...(pause)..."alright."

He turns, grabs his keys, and begins to walk out the door. And just before he completely leaves the room, he reaches back and flicks off the room light. So here I am, sitting in the dark, completely in shock at how fucking weird and socially retarded this kid is. I mean, have I not been sitting here peacefully the past hour and a half? Have I not seamed completely content with the levels of light in the room? Is there some reason he felt inclined to turn off my light just because he left? What the fuck is up with that? Nobody on the planet does that without at least saying "Oh, silly me, I'm sorry Lance I forgot you were there, would you like me to keep the light on?"

No. Awkward pause. Grab keyes. Open door. *flick* Off he goes into the night.

And I'm not making this out to be the be-all-end-all act of disbehavior, it's just one of the millions of little things that makes me go, "What the fuck is wrong with you, buddy?" And why can't you just leave one day and never come back?

at least you have lights that work. most of ours blew this week, then the heating went, oh, and the demented washing machine that turns itself on (usually during the night :angry: ) broke down and flooded the kitchen when i tried to drain it. :drool:

it's only a light, you only have one annoying person living with you to contend with and won't you be able to get rid of him at the end of this term? compared to living with 3 loud spanish people who did every irritating thing a flatmate could do, your friend sounds like an angel :up:

By the end of the year, I've disliked every single roommate I've ever had. The only ones who've survived are the 6 guys I lived with senior year, who are all great friends of mine, and my wife. :wink:

I hated mine until she took me to the airport yesterday to get my keys back that the stupid airport lost........
does that make me a terrible person? :reject:

elevated_u2_fan said:
I've never had a roomate other than my wife.

I am required by law not to have any complaints... :shifty:

There was this one time when.... OH SHIT HERE SHE COMES!!

:wink:

:lol: So true, so true!

:shifty:

Aw, roommates, you gotta love them.

I'm in a 3 bedroom apartment so I have 2 of them.

I am looking forward to a day I can afford my own.....but to be fair, I would be lonelier without them.

The two roommates that I had freshman year in Boston were interesting characters. One was successful at growing two five foot tall pot plants in the bathroom and the other who had moved to the big city from the deep, dark woods of Northern Vermont completely disappeared half way through first semester only to reappear a few days before Christmas wearing a bandana like John Travolta in Staying Alive. He packed up his stuff....announcing that school just wasn't for him and that he was making a lot of money dancing at a strip club downtown.

:yes:

Lancemc said:

And I'm not making this out to be the be-all-end-all act of disbehavior, it's just one of the millions of little things that makes me go, "What the fuck is wrong with you, buddy?" And why can't you just leave one day and never come back?

Awwww.....he wants some attention from you.........he wanted you to go "OH NO WAY!!!....your friend is here to see you?,where are you two munckins off to? I will just stay and fininsh my study and you two just have a fab time,have a beer for me...*then he would want you to give him a big bye-bye bear hug *

:wink:

I was so lucky....never moved out with anyone besides my hubby! I think i would be rotting in jail right now from commiting murder!

Gotta love the roommate stories! First of all, Lance, great job on sticking this through. I know it doesn't sound like much, and you're probably sick of it, but I can't even begin to tell you all about the constant roommate complaints I got when I worked in Residence Life. Instead of trying to resolve conflicts, or confront issues, students would come to me bawling in tears asking for a room change. They'd rather do anything then have a heart to heart with someone who has been drinking their milk. :shrug:

Anyway, like I said, that says a lot about your maturity, personal growth, and scial skills. Well done :up:

Back to your roommate, definitely sounds like he is socially awkward. I can't explain the light thing. But I wonder if he is perhaps upset with something you did (perhaps a habit of yours that really isn't too big of a deal, but it annoys him) and has no idea how to confront you about it? You never know.

I have a fun roommate story for you. So, there was this one room, a pair of male freshmen. One of them reported that his roommate hadn't left the room in weeks (wasn't going to class, etc.) and the room smelled awful. So...I immediately thought it was going to be an emotional issue. When I went to the room, I was bombarded with an awful smell.

Turns out the guy had been at his computer for a number of weeks and refused to leave. He was addicted to some video game. The stench was from his socks. He ACTUALLY POOPED IN HIS SOCKS!!! He also peed in empty drink cans and bottles and just left them on the floor sitting around him.

The end.

:|

That's quite the story. I know I don't have it anywhere near that bad. A couple people on my floor have even had worse situations, but they sort of brought it on themselves.

But I have a mild OCD, that I've been fighting since childhood. Never saw a doctor about it, or got drugs for it or anything, I just fought it off like John McClaine or something. But I still have a few "ticks" that I'm sure would bother anybody. BUt when I start to do them when he's in the room I usually catch myself and stop before it would become annoying. But let me just say, he only has about 2,385 more annoying "ticks" and bad habits that more than justify my dislike for the guy. :wink:

And like I said, the light thing is really not a big deal at all, it just triggered a good WTF? moment. :wink:

My roommate last semester was actually very annoying too. He did this thing where he would talk to himself out loud, almost constantly. Yeah, let me tell you, that gets old reallll quick. He was also a slob, he smelled bad (he did ROTC), his alarms were always going off a dozen times in the middle of the night, stuff like that. I began to dislike him quite a bit. Then he left to study in China, and I was unbelievably happy. Now I have this guy, and all I can say is "My god, why can't I have Hontz (old roommate) back...pllleeeaassee."

redhotswami said:
Turns out the guy had been at his computer for a number of weeks and refused to leave.

boke.

one of the blokes in the flat last year met a woman at christmas, took her on holiday and she moved in when they got back in january. they were really unsavoury characters.

Mia, I so wasn't prepared to read about someone pooping in his socks. : putsdowncerealspoon:

I don't have truly horrid stories about my former roomates. but one roommate used to use that stuff Nair for her legs and not open the windows. the stench was awful.

another roommate decided that it would be better to Febreze all her clothes instead of washing them. she also ended up having sex on my bed while I was gone one weekend. nice.

she also thought she was Jewel and as a treat for my ears, would sing me to all the hits.

U2Girl416 said:
another roommate decided that it would be better to Febreze all her clothes instead of washing them. she also ended up having sex on my bed while I was gone one weekend. nice.

yikes! the only good part of that was that she wasn't wearing the dirty clothes on your bed.

211028.jpg

Back
Top Bottom