I/O: My neighbors are driving me crazy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Varitek

Blue Crack Addict
Because they have been playing some sort of awful guitar sounding stuff for a half hour and iit's driving me crazy. Really crazy. It's like a cross between a dying elephant, somebody learning how to play on an untuned guitar, and spooky Halloweeny music. Once in a while there's a burst of bad rap. The wall this is coming through stretches the entire length of my apartment, which is long and skinny, so there's nowhere I can go to escape it.

Now I've heard a little shouting to shut up from other neighbors (who knew the apartment walls were so thing), some banging on a wall, and whistling, but they haven't gotten the picture. It's 12:33am here. W. T. F. This has happened before but never for this long or this late at night.

Somebody just knocked on my door. I opened with "it's not coming from here." On the bright side that's the first time I've ever said anything other than "hi" to someone in my building. On the not-so-bright side, who knocks on random doors at 12:30 to complain about not being able to sleep, possibly waking other more successfully sleeping people (like my roomie) up?

Sounds like everyone would already still be awake. Perhaps the neighbor that knocked on your door was trying to find the source and tell them to shut the hell up. If he/she didn't get them to be quiet, then it might be time to call the cops... That's insane :huh:

Yeah but I'm living in a country where I'm not a citizen and don't speak the language fluently, so it would have been hard to call the Polizei. They do have strict laws about quiet hours here, though. Anyway it stopped shortly after the guy knocked on my door, so maybe he found the source?

Whew, at least they changed the awful Christmas music to something better! Oh wait, blasting Spice Girls and Aqua isn't much of an impovement...I think they're smoking stuff.:huh::yes:

Back
Top Bottom