i/o my mom sprung braces on me!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good luck with you braces love_u2_adam! :D

My dentist wanted me to get a braces type thing for the two front teeth on either side of my big front teeth, next to my canines (no good with technical terms), cos I have a bit of an underbite with them. I said no way, cos they don't bother me and it was gonna cost something like $2000 for just those two teeth :yikes:.
I also have an overbite, but it doesn't bother me at all.

Definitely be glad you're getting them done now. Like people have already said, it sucks and hurts more if you wait until you're older to have braces.

I ended up having braces for about 5 years, and it did suck, but now my teeth look great. It's worth it in the end!

When I got them off, it felt kinda gross at first, since I was used to having them on my teeth, but I could not stop smiling! I went around for about a week with a huge-ass grin on my face. I just could not resist showing off my beautiful straight-toothed smile.

Hopefully it won't be too long or painful for you! :)

I wish I had gotten braces when I was younger...I have crooked bottom teeth and an overbite that I would love to have fixed because sometimes it hurts a lot. Too expensive to do it now...Ur lucky to have started the process....hope it gets easier for you.
:D <<<<<< I NEVER do that!!!

Sicy said:
In 5th grade I had a choice between a retainer or braces and I chose a retainer. Well my teeth are screwed up. I should have taken the braces!
In fifth grade I went to an orthodontist that didn't believe in keeping braces on too long and instead wnet with five months of them and then the retainer. I was very hostile the idea of braces at the time, only complying because I wasn't a bratty kid and my parents made me, and once the retainer part came didn't really wear it. Got yelled at quite often and such. The teeth started to shift. Now I'm in college and still wearing the retainer, though only have to do it at night. My dentist told me as long as I wear it religiously every night I get to ditch it after I graduate.

Back
Top Bottom