I. O. - Kangaroos ?!?!!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Numb1075

ONE love, blood, life
I just picked up new sneakers today (First time in about 3 years), and lo and behold, what do I see? Kangaroos, the sneaker brand. Anyone remember those damn things? I had a pair when I was 8. They came with a little kangaroo pouch on the side that you could put change in it or whatever (perhaps weed or something when you became a teenager - joking). The salesman said that Kangaroos are back in style - for kids and adults !! Shows you how much out of the loop I am.

Holler if you've owned a pair of Kangaroos !

Sicy, I couldn't believe it ! And now, supposedly they are popular with kids and adults. Either that, or the saleman was trying to get me to buy a pair.

Ah, the 80's, you could sell the weirdest sh!t:huh:

I currently have a pair :uhoh:

Never had any in the 80s. When I was a kid i always wanted those sneakers with lights in the bottom but my mom would never by them for me :angry:

iluvlarrymullen, did i miss the Kangaroo fad? is that what everyone is wearing now? I'm a married guy w/ baby, i'm sooo out of the loop. I still wear acid wash jeans and Members Only jacket....KIDDING:lol: :lol:

These were big with the kids back in my day :wink:

vans-vans-era-authentic.jpg

i remember the vans trend. i also remember jelly shoes and am embarrassed to admit i had a couple pairs. but kangaroos...i don't remember these. were they before my time? :scratch:

I don't remember Kangaroos but I do remember Vans. They had a factory and small store close to our house and we'd go there all the time to get sneakers for school.

trish0860 said:
I don't remember Kangaroos but I do remember Vans. They had a factory and small store close to our house and we'd go there all the time to get sneakers for school.

:shifty:

Are you from Anaheim by chance?

Khanada, I know that kangaroos were really popular when I was a little Numb1075, so we're talking early to mid 80s. This was in Bklyn, NY. Perhaps the kangaroo thing didn't catch on in other parts.:shrug:

ILuvLarryMullen said:
I currently have a pair :uhoh:

Never had any in the 80s. When I was a kid i always wanted those sneakers with lights in the bottom but my mom would never by them for me :angry:

I had a pair of LA Gear Lights when I was 7 but the one shoe that was on display in the shops battery died before the other one so I only had one light up trainer :lol:

Numb1075 said:
Khanada, I know that kangaroos were really popular when I was a little Numb1075, so we're talking early to mid 80s. This was in Bklyn, NY. Perhaps the kangaroo thing didn't catch on in other parts.:shrug:
okay, so i was babykhan. i was still wearing oshkosh bgosh so that explains things. thanks!

Back
Top Bottom