I/O I hate the cable company

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

randhail

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I don't think there is a more hated industry than the cable company. No matter the provider, the horror stories are the same. They give 4 hour windows as to when they show. They often fail to show and "can't get out to my area" for a good week after. On top of that, I've had a billing issue that's gone unresolved for nearly 2 months despite numerous phone calls. I'd love for someone to explain to me how these bastard organizations do not have a monopoly.

I hate them and I'm fairly certain that the feeling is mutual. :mad:

Not sure who you have, comcast maybe? In NY TimeWarner is the monopoly in NYC, and Cablevision has Long Island under control. However, Verizon is coming, and I for one, will welcome my new Television Overlords. I'll greet them as liberators, with flowers. Like the Iraqi's did when the US rolled in....oh....wait....that didn't work out quite like Dick said. Whatever. Competition = Good.

I have Charter Communications. Some coworkers have Comcast and despise them as well. I have a feeling that no matter who you have it's like having death by lethal injection or gas chamber - the outcome is the same.

I had quite the ordeal with the cable company last year. :mad: I ranted a lot about it in my journal. :crack:

0800141687.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

:drool:

I love RoadRunner. It's much more stable than DSL was. Sometimes the DSL modem would stay down for a solid week, which was absolutely maddening. I haven't had that problem since switching to cable.

We had Roadrunner before I moved to south San Diego where Cox rules. We had so many problems with the wireless high speed internet with Roadrunner. Now though I only have one PC but won't try wireless service again, it was such a pain.

Actually I did have a hassle with Roadrunner after Hurricane Katrina. They couldn't send me anyone for a week when I called them. I was a little pissed, but figured they were probably overworked considering how devastating the hurricane was. Strangely enough, their service started working a couple of hours after that phone call, however. That was one of my stranger Internet experiences.

Back
Top Bottom