I/O #429: Old People Blow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
My wife and I are 27 and 28, and we live in what is essentially an old folks' home. We rent a condo and we are one of maybe 8 couples that are under the age of 65.

I'm currently in the "library" of the building, a nice little room with a few tables, a couch, and walls of bookcases that have books that anyone who lives in the building may borrow. My wife is upstairs with a client (she's a health counselor), so I came down here to burn some dvds and listen to The Bends.

La di da, I'm minding my own business, and this old lady comes in and stares at me. I stare back, and once it gets through her head that I'm looking back at her, she quickly looks to the wall then leaves. Two minutes later, a couple, combined age of 300 or so, walk in. The stare at me, too. I look up and they keep staring at me...whatever. They putter around and organize the books, etc. About 6 minutes in, the guy says, "Ahem! For future reference, this desk is where such activities are supposed to take place." His wife says, "And no food or drink are allowed in the library at any time!" I say, "Oh, I'm sorry. I used this particular table because I needed two sets of outlets. I didn't know that that was the only place a laptop was allowed. I'm sorry." To which the woman replies, "And no food or drink in the library at any time!!"

Gimme a friggin' break. I'm sure that if there were some little old lady doing the same thing I'm doing, instead of a 20-something guy in headphones, there would've been a little more politeness involved. :mad:

Tell me about it. It's like they have experience or something. :tsk:

Do you live in Del Boca Vista?

How great would it be if one of them came here and started a thread?

I/0 #430: Young People Blow

:drool:

Am with ya on this Utoo. Old Ppl are first to complain about manners etc. Wat pisses me off is that they think they have a god given right to cue jump for busses. I dont mind letting em on if they seem nice, but will correct em if they just jump in front of me, as they would if i dared do it!
And another is wen they get on the bus and spot another coffin dodger they feel complelled to stand and converse wi them and at same time complain coz the driver pulls away.

"Hello, Morty. Well, you missed the early bird."

"Yeah, so?"

"Must be nice to have that kind of money."

Morty: "Congratulations, Mr. President."
Kramer: "Congratulations, Mr. Puppet Master."
Old Man: "Hey, Morty, what's wrong with these tip calculators?"
Morty: "What are you talking about?"
Old Man: "It's overtipping. I just left five bucks for a BLT."
Morty: "This isn't a Wizard, it's a Willard."
Jerry: "A Willard? Saccamano, Sr. screwed me!"
Old Man #2: "Mine doesn't have a seven!"
Old Man #3: "I'm ruined!"
Morty: "Jerry, why didn't you get them Wizards?"
Jerry: "Because a real Wizard's two hundred dollars."
Morty: "You didn't have a deal?"
Jerry: "No deal. Not hot."
Old Man: "Morty, you, and Kramer, you're finished."
Kramer: "What?"
Old Man: "Everyone vote for the guy in the wheelchair."

My grandparents are down in Texas in this little community, and I don't know if he still is...but at one point...my grandpa was president of the association. :lmao: :heart:

Bonochick said:
Do you live in Del Boca Vista?

How great would it be if one of them came here and started a thread?

I/0 #430: Young People Blow

:drool:

:lmao:

Helen: The press would bury him.
Jerry: What press?!
Helen: The Boca Breeze.
Morty: Pinko commie rag!

Sorry the old people in your complex suck Utoo. Does it smell of cedar or moth balls too? Maybe it's time to move? :hmm:

Lila64 said:

Sorry the old people in your complex suck Utoo. Does it smell of cedar or moth balls too? Maybe it's time to move? :hmm:

No, it's actually a nice place. :shrug: We almost had to move---long story, with our landlady not paying her condo fees but depositing our rent check---but it all worked out in the end. We like it here overall...but we're planning on staying no more than one more year.

gman said:
Am with ya on this Utoo. Old Ppl are first to complain about manners etc. Wat pisses me off is that they think they have a god given right to cue jump for busses. I dont mind letting em on if they seem nice, but will correct em if they just jump in front of me, as they would if i dared do it!
And another is wen they get on the bus and spot another coffin dodger they feel complelled to stand and converse wi them and at same time complain coz the driver pulls away.

I've got one, too, which I call "The Old People At The Train Station Theory:"

I used to take the train to go home for the holidays. At each "gate," there are two or three rows of chairs. Everyone sits down, happy to have a seat while waiting for the train. But then, guaranteed---half an hour before the train is to arrive, one old couple decides to stand up smack in front of the door to the gate. Seeing that a line has formed, people start abandoning their seats & standing up in line. You're then left with the dilemma: "Do I stay in my seat, happy but possibly without a seat on the train because I'll be last in line, or do I stand up in a friggin' line for half an hour to make sure I get a seat on the train?" Buggers.

:madwife: to the puppy :angry: Although you are officially old at 28 in assholeville :wink:

Utoo - that's kind of what happened in the line for U2 in Hawaii. :der:

the inhabitants of assholeville dont age as fast as other people. we arent really old before we hit 55.

Back
Top Bottom