i just got laid off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
damn

That really sucks girl.

My shotgun services are always available for you.

:hug: :|

I'm always around, if you want to talk! :hug:

Seriously...I am ALWAYS around...I think I have a problem...:D

IKONd2839d4a0df3ac048290b2644254a2f2e10373ac62.gif
to your old boss.

thank you all for your nice words, pm's, and :mad:s. it means a lot. i'm still pretty shocked about it but i feel it's definitely for the best. i wanted to go a different route in my life and this is probably the only way i was going to get started on it sooner rather than later. they're paying me through november and my boss is actually going to help me find a new job, which is more than i expected. he has great connections which should help. i do feel badly because i know my company is not doing well and if they could have avoided this, they would have. my boss actually got choked up when he told me so i know there was nothing i could have done. i just wish the job market was a little better so it would be a little easier - i'm sure lots of people wish that. :slant: i could be in a much worse situation so i have nothing to complain about really. i'm going to work on my resume this weekend. i'm actually going to go home (to my parents) tomorrow through monday. it was something i planned earlier but now i am really looking forward to it. i just need to relax.

anyway, thanks again. you all kick ass. :heart:

wish me luck. :)

and i am very sorry for the lack of numbering in this thread. i am usually quite good with the numbers. and i'm also sorry for starting the thread out with :censored:

:|

You should put us all down as references when you're applying for a new job.

Interviewer looking at forms:

"soooo.....It says here that one of your references said you were awarded the 2002 Pengie Seal of Approval and that you serve as co-captain of the pengie squad. Would you care to comment on that?"

:hug: again and I'm sure things will work out. :)

Sorry to hear about your job

:sad:

Hopefully it will be for the best and you will just find something better. :yes:

ah numbers snumbers

While finding a new job will be tough...at least it's nice to know that your former boss didn't want to let you go, and they are helping you find a new job. The job market is tough all over, but I wouldn't worry, you are bound to find a new, better job.

I know it's lame and cliche to say but everything happens for a reason

Damn.

OMG girl i'm so sorry....:sad:

YOu as well as MANY others in this situation...will be in my thoughts and prayers...

(((((FLOWER))))))

Your boss sounds cool and like he really didnt want to lay you off. I know how it is.. we work with software companies and all of them have been laying people off. It sucks out there.

Good luck and your weekend sounds like a great idea. :hug:

have a nice weekend.

and when you come back, be sure to buy the new beck album.

you might like it. :|

its moody.

:|

on the mind all of the time...

you'll be ok shannon.

God, Im so sorry babe.
Think of it as a new beginning, a new door opening!
Be strong and you'll do great, bella.

Im starting to think IO has a curse :|

I'm sorry...and good luck.

That's good though, that your boss will help you look for a new job and they will pay you through November. Maybe this is a turning point in your life and you'll find a better job.

And don't worry about the opening word in this thread. I'm not a fan of those, but also, I do think there are times when it's ok to curse - and this is one of them.

this is superbad

im sorry to hear that
i wish it didnt have to happen to you
you will prosper

:(

Sorry to hear that....

see what the cyclops says and go out and get a better job!

ok, I suck at being motivational.

Back
Top Bottom