I Am Officially Mad And Annoyed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
So check it...we had our mail stopped while we were out of town, so we went to the post office today to pick it up. I was greeted by 6 burned Ryan CD's :hyper:, lovely Christmas cards from Interferencers, credit card junk...and a letter from the college I just finished at. I open the letter...................and they are trying to tell me that I am not eligible for graduation. :rant: Their reason? I am missing 4 required courses. How can that be? I went through TWO fucking graduation audits with my counselor, just to be sure there would be no problems.

Pissed off, I go online and print off the requirements for my degree and my transcript. Two of the classes they said I was missing, I have already taken...and got A's. Another class they said I was missing wasn't on there...because they ended up dividing that class into two different classes...but I took both of those and got an A and an A-. Then there's the other class...and I did NOT take that...BUT...the requirements for my degree say that the class is NOT required...that it is AVAILABLE for those who need it (it's a fucking keyboarding class...do I need a keyboarding class?? NO...so I didn't take it!!!! I don't have to!!!!).

The office is closed until Thursday, so now I have to sit and stew over this. If they still try to tell me I can't graduate............oh.........there will be hell to pay! :rant:

:mad:

Shit, I'd be killing people if it were me.

But, since you went through the 2 audits and everything was ok, plus when you checked the courses out online and they came back as you having taken them, I'm sure it's just an error on the school's part. :hug:

That sucks about waiting until Thursday, but keep busy with other things to try not to think about it. :)

Hope it works out, girl.

Kick some ass!

That is so stupid! Don't those people know what they're doing!

:angry: :angry:

:mad:

:grumpy:

:scream:

:no: :no:

It will work out. It just sucks that you'll have to go straighten them out and that you have to deal with the stress. :hug:

that sucks BC! I'm sure everything will be alright once you talk to them on Thursday...I'm sure that since you already went through the 2 audits, it's just a typographical error on their part....I guess they're the ones who need to take that keyboarding class :sexywink:

:hug:

And Another Thing!!!

So check it...I dropped off some film to have developed at Wal*Mart. I had pictures on there of the flowers John had sent me and of my sister's dog. First, the lady rang up the wrong pictures for me. Then, I get the pictures home, and I notice there is only one picture of my flowers, and I knew I had taken like 5 or 6. I look at the negatives...and my pics on there...but I don't have any prints! :rant:

I called Wal*Mart to see if they had my pics, and the lady was like, "Is your last name Decker?" Uh...no...so she asked me to hold on. She came back and asked, "Did they have flowers and a cat in them?" Ding, ding, ding!!!! :crack:

So I have to drive all the way back to Wal*Mart just to pick up 5 lousy pics. :mad:

Bonochick said:
So check it
:laugh: i'm sorry, that's too funny. :hug:

i'm sorry to hear about your college and the pics. luckily, you already got the pics part sorted out (was it some ghetto black chick or some old woman?) and of course we all know the letter you got from your college was just an error. if it's not, we'll all go up there and kick some major ass. :rant:

Jeez :tsk: you would think colleges would have their acts together.

:heart: digital cameras :heart:

I'm sorry about your troubles with the college and wal-mart....looks like they both took the same classes in "how to be a morron 101" and "what happens when your brain don't work 102".:hmm: I am sure things will turn out better hun :kiss: :hug:

oh and by the way.....give em Hell hun :combust:

drgnwolf1969 said:

oh and by the way.....give em Hell hun :combust:

I'll try my best...but you know what a sweet angel I am...:angel:

Oh, screw that...they better not give me any grief!!!! :mad:

:hug: i'm so sorry! i hate it when things like that happen - it drives you insane, I know. I'm sure it will all work out though. Things like that do, it's just managing not to go crazy thinking about it until you can sort out the details. It sounds like you are well-covered though, so it's just a slip-up on the school's part. Try not to stress! :hug:

I had a dream last night that I got a letter from the college, saying I had been kicked out of Phi Theta Kappa for gettin' a B in one of my classes. :crack: :der:

Now I'm just fucking paranoid about everything. LOL

Oh...I went to Wal*Mart today...I got my pictures...but can I just say that the girl working there is an utter idiot? :banghead: :der:

Well...the office I need to call will be open in a little over 3 and a half hours.

This better get straightened out.

After the asspuffs put me on hold and kept disconnecting me for about a half hour...:crack:...I finally got to talk to somebody...but she told me I have to talk to another guy, who isn't there. She said she'd look up my transcript though. She verified that I did take those two classes and that I took the equivalent of that class that no longer exists ("Hmmm...he must have missed that..." :mad: ). As for the other class, apparently it looks like it was required according to the 2000-2001 catalog, not the 2001-2002 catalog. Well...they went by the 2000-2001 catalog...BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT MY FUCKING ADVISOR TOLD ME TO PUT ON MY APPLICATION!!!!!! :mad: I fucking met with that lady TWICE to make sure I had everything in place...the second meeting with her was to VERIFY that I put the CORRECT YEAR. :banghead:

I fucking hate being unemployed and then seeing the incompetencies of others...it's like why the hell can't I have a job if all of you can???????? :sad:

Anyway...I had to leave the guy a voicemail...and now wait around all day to see if he'll call me...

They almost didn't let me graduate because I was leaving a year early and that pissed them off and I had a $50 library fine. I never paid it. :mac:

:hug: I'm sure it'll all work out for you. School administrations suck at doing what they're supposed to. :bastards:

I finally got ahold of him, and we straightened everything out. Though he was to blame for saying I didn't take those three classes that I did have, I was to blame for putting the wrong year down (okay, actually my advisor is to blame because I set up a meeting with her to specifically ask her which year I should put down...that was the only thing I was unsure on when filling out my application...so thanks a lot to my advisor! :mad: ). He said that normally, since I did have the wrong year down, he is supposed to have me reapply for graduation. That would mean that all of this wouldn't be finalized until the end of March. :| He said he didn't want me to have to wait though, so he was going to change the year on my application for me and just process it so I can be part of the January group still. :)

So I can't be mad anymore. :wave:

The commencement ceremony is in May...I wasn't planning on going because I sometimes feel like a loser for just getting my associate's degree after spending my whole life wanting to go to school to be a teacher. I kinda feel like people think I'm an idiot for changing my mind and wanting to just do a two-year degree instead.

To make myself clear, I am NOT knocking anybody who didn't go to college or who have associate degrees...it's just that I got a lot of mixed reactions from friends and family when they found out I swapped a 5 year teaching degree for a 2 year computer science degree. :|

My parents and John are proud though, so that's cool. :wave:

Congrats BC :hug:

You should be proud of yourself.. I never went to college.

Back
Top Bottom