Holland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
40.jpg

it does indeed mean "yes"
so it's my favorite word to hear!

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I like Holland!

How did such a small country produce so many great artists? Van Gogh, Rembrandt, Vermeer...

Then again, England is small too and it has produced just about all the world's greatest writers.

(sorry to everyone I just ticked off with that remark)

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
I don't know about "all" scatteroflight, that's a bit much, why not simply say: "England has produced a lot of great writers"

I know. (That was why I made the ticked off comment.) Most of my favourites are from there, that's all.

England sure has produced a lot of great writers!
biggrin.gif

------------------

-ACROB@T

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
Ireland's are better
tongue.gif

apart from that Stratford bard dude

[This message has been edited by zooropamanda (edited 02-06-2002).]

You referring to the Alcoholic? The pot head?
*OMG ANGIE CALLED THE BARD A POTHEAD*

Blah.

Horse shit.

what the hell are you trying to say, AH?

Shakespeare is in fact, the greatest writer of the English language, Old Dirty Bastard is a close 2nd though, I think his work is too recent to put him ahead of Shakespeare at this point, you know, he has to "stand the testes of time" and all that good stuff

Um yes, Shakespeare was maybe not an alcholic, but did write a lot of his work pissed as a newt. Im not going to debate his talent at all in here. Its also been said he smoked. But dont get your knickers all in a twist, Ben whatshisname, the playwright from around the same time..damn these mental blanks, drank and smoked more than him.

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
Wow, this thread has turned into something else.

my fault!
biggrin.gif

Shakespeare rocks, all the Irish writers rock, whether or not they were intoxicated when they were writing...in fact, most of world literature rocks except Canadian literature, which is sometimes ok but virtually never rocks.
frown.gif

------------------

-ACROB@T

Back
Top Bottom