Does just about anything go on in here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Sicy:
Well thats the nature of this forum, so either deal with it or dont post here. Sorry.

Nice logics. You don't understand what i'm saying do you?
Those kind of jokes are hurtful to me, because they embarass me. (me being shy and all-you know that very well)
Because it might imply i was a lewd in real life - after all, nickames are usually a reference to a real life characteristic of a person, right?

And a good joke isn't meant to hurt people - if it's good, anyone can laugh at it, right?

ps: don't you think i know this forum doesn't make much sense or that some jokes are inside jokes?

pps: and i really don't buy the "anything goes cause it's a joke" attitude, nor the "down with those who are too stupid to understand it's a joke" (it's just insulting) or "you're too sensitive to go along with anything" (as if it's that bad to be sensitive about some things) or the "it's funny to me, so it's funny to you too" (rude - just because something is funny to one person, it sure isn't certain it's gonna be funny to another person) attitude.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 02-05-2002).]

i think maybe IO is for the thick-skinned. if you are easily offended, IO is probably not the place for you. it's not personal, it's just how it is around here. people joke like that all the time and most people know not to take it seriously.

IO is about threads start with "IT'S OFFICIAL #" followed by the actual right number

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

No one meant to hurt your feelings.

Like I said.

If you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen.

I dont mean to be mean but thats really just the way it is.

now i have coolio in my head.

if you can't take the heat get your ass out tha kitchen. we on a mission.

*Looks at thread* Again? It's happening again? And in IO this time? Oy. Jokes happen at other people's expense all the time here...deal with it!

*Goes back to this thread.*

Some people...
eek.gif

Originally posted by Salome:
IO is about threads start with "IT'S OFFICIAL #" followed by the actual right number

good point. Salome will always bring us back to the true meaning and use of IO

oh my goodness...

i hadnt even checked this thread after my VERY harmless joke. U2girl, I said it because I thought you were making me laugh with your comments of late, which for you are a little out of character. I thought it was a good thing!!You were making me laugh.

I'm reading this all at the one time and I can see things have gotten way out of hand.
U2girl, apologies to you if you took offense. I dont think at the time you actually were upset about it but it developed fiurther so Im sorry about that. But just as I was being silly, so was z edge. He wasnt trying to insult you.

I think Salome stated exactly what this place is about and its for everyone. Everyone has the right to post here whether they 'understand' or not.

Yes everyone has a right to post here and I'm not saying NO YOU CANT POST HERE but I think the statement of its official not being for everyone has some truth to it.

Now we cant even joke around like we normally do because someone might flip out on us?

I dunno.

Now we cant even joke around like we normally do because someone might flip out on us?

I dunno.

This is a free country and a free forum. We should be allowed to joke as much as we want. If other people can't take a little joke then they can leave.

------------------
You can tear it up
If you can tie me down

z edge....mikal....

*sobs*

What have i done?

I confused the 2 of you! I am so dumb. I should post this in confessionals.

Will I ever be forgiven??

*has an angiebreakdown*

Angie dont cry!

I'm going to apologize for being so hostile in this thread. It's dumb to fight.

Well thats the nature of this forum, so either deal with it or dont post here. Sorry.

The majority of the posts here either dont make sense, (and they're not supposed to) or they are inside jokes and you would be sitting her asking What does that mean? What does this mean? every two seconds.

Nobody takes anything personal that is posted here.

[This message has been edited by Sicy (edited 02-05-2002).]

You're a left coasted, no good, lawyering Bitch!

CK

Originally posted by Diemen:
*Looks at thread* Again? It's happening again? And in IO this time? Oy. Jokes happen at other people's expense all the time here...deal with it!

*Goes back to this thread.*

Some people...
eek.gif

What a surprise...yee haw folks, it's "bash U2girl" day again!
rolleyes.gif

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 02-06-2002).]

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
oh my goodness...

i hadnt even checked this thread after my VERY harmless joke. U2girl, I said it because I thought you were making me laugh with your comments of late, which for you are a little out of character. I thought it was a good thing!!You were making me laugh.

I'm reading this all at the one time and I can see things have gotten way out of hand.
U2girl, apologies to you if you took offense. I dont think at the time you actually were upset about it but it developed fiurther so Im sorry about that. But just as I was being silly, so was z edge. He wasnt trying to insult you.

I think Salome stated exactly what this place is about and its for everyone. Everyone has the right to post here whether they 'understand' or not.

And i said i wasn't offended by your "start" with that joke.
smile.gif

What bothered me was that z edge decided to use it as a nickname.

No one meant to hurt your feelings.

Like I said.

I dont mean to be mean but thats really just the way it is.

Anyone can post, but get out if you can't handle it?

That doesn't make any sense.

You know it's easy talking about letting things go if you're not the one who's offended. Also, you can stop repeating that about "not handling it" stuff, because it's not working.

ps: how did this thread get from talking about z edge's comment to me having to defend myself anyway?

For

The

Love

Of

GOD!!

Just for the record, U2girl, I was not bashing you. I was simply stating my amazement that you would find something of offense in this area, where it is common, nay, almost certain that people will get made fun of, but nothing serious is meant by it.

That's what everyone means by "if you can't handle it, then get out." Because this is the one forum where it's ok to have fun at other people's expense, because no one takes it seriously. Read the description of this forum (and I quote):

"anything and everything pretty much goes here. Beware
wink.gif
"

That's the warning to everyone who enters here that if you don't like it, maybe you shouldn't visit as often because that's just the way the forum is. If these jokes were truly mean spirited and people were intending to make people feel bad, then maybe that would be a problem, but it's all in good fun, so don't take it so seriously.

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 02-06-2002).]

Originally posted by Diemen:
For

The

Love

Of

GOD!!

Just for the record, U2girl, I was not bashing you. I was simply stating my amazement that you would find something of offense in this area, where it is common, nay, almost certain that people will get made fun of, but nothing serious is meant by it.

That's what everyone means by "if you can't handle it, then get out." Because this is the one forum where it's ok to have fun at other people's expense, because no one takes it seriously. Read the description of this forum (and I quote):

"anything and everything pretty much goes here. Beware
wink.gif
"

That's the warning to everyone who enters here that if you don't like it, maybe you shouldn't visit as often because that's just the way the forum is. If these jokes were truly mean spirited and people were intending to make people feel bad, then maybe that would be a problem, but it's all in good fun, so don't take it so seriously.

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 02-06-2002).]

Yes sir! Me dumb, you smart. Got it-thanks for lecturing me.

Just read what i was saying and you'll see why i was offended - i think you'll agree everyone here has his own way (and the right) of interpreting things that are written in this forum.
You saw it as a joke, and i didn't - i already explained why earlier in this thread - see my replies prior this one.
Having fun at other people's expenses is ok as long as the person you're making fun of is ok with it and doesn't mind. If not, it's a questionable kind of humor and can be hurtful.

Everyone has things that they don't want others to joke around about because those things are too personal, they're embarassing, they don't want to be reminded of it etc... Why is that so hard to understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom