Do your cats sleep on their backs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

do your cats sleep on their backs?

• Often as they are lazy schnitzels that sleep anywhere, anyhow

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Sometimes but I think it was them turning over and falling asleep on the way

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Not that I am aware of

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
It would be an odd site if either of my cats sleep completely on their backs.

It's real cute when they do though. :cute:

They look so cute when they sleep on their backs...little tired little kittens...:cute: :heart:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I hope it's just the way she's been laying up there recently, but Mia's fallen a few times this week when she's napping on the shelf above my computer. :slant: Of course I'm freaking because she's been "sick" anyway, grr....I dunno.

Aww...I'm sure it's nothin' to worry about. Sometimes, when I sleep on the shelf above your computer, I fall off too. :)

You should get her a box to sleep in! :reject:

Gosh - I :heart: it when my booboos sleep on their backs. It's such a beautiful sight - all that whipped cat fat just exposed for all to see. *sigh* :heart: :heart:

salome has dogs :eek:

yes it's perfectly normal Angie. I have some pictures of my one kitty, Patches, sleeping on her back while she was pregnant with five little kitties (one of which was my Gracie). now those are funny pictures!! :D

My cat always sprawls out on his back. He rarely sleeps in any other position.

i call all cats kitties regardless of age.

cats will only sleep on their backs if they REALLY trust their owner.

so if your cat is on his back a lot, that's a good thing.

my cat sleeps on his back all the time. which is surprising since he weighs 17 lbs and would have quite the cushion from his belly. :slant:

BabyGrace said:
so Calluna, the real question is: are you gagging or drooling over this? :eyebrow:

:D

Neither. I feel the need to begin using this smiley again in order to re-establish my ownership of said smiley. Actually, I never thought of it as drooling or gagging but just lavender and spaced-out.

..both our dogs sleep on their backs..one sleeps on his side with one of his legs cocked high into the air..he's done it ever since we brought him when he was 1-2..maybe he's insecure or whatever~can be very disconcerting if your sat next to the guy~~..~*<><>

Oooh Lemon Meringue I couldn't let you be the last to post in here :D

Thanks for all the replies. I still dont think they are normal, but I am glad its common behaviour.

Love my kitties
:cute:

Back
Top Bottom