Accents are officially gorgeous....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
Okay, I saw this movie "Trapped" last night (with Charlize Theron, Kevin Bacon, and Stuart Townsend)....

I have fallen in love with accents. Irish accents (Stuart) *sigh* :drool: :heart: :flirt: (And let us not forget Bono)

Further proof of the accent phenomenon: Sean Biggerstaff (aka Oliver Wood from Harry Potter) :drool: :heart: :drool:

I NEED to move to England/Ireland/Scotland...say, jkayet, you're still living there, right? Can I come visit? :wink:

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
I NEED to move to England/Ireland/Scotland...say, jkayet, you're still living there, right? Can I come visit? :wink:
Yes, accents are so :drool:. I've sadly become immune to some of them from time to time, but then you'll hear a really amazing one (colin from mull historical society's scottish accent) and totally be :heart: again. Yep, I'm here!! Sure, I love to have people join me in the land of amazing accents!! :)

accents = Life.

:drool: Once, on my 22 bday some british guys came to my table and tried to buy me drinks. They were all asking us questions that i would answer in simple yes or no format, then proceed to ask them long, detailed questions so i could listen to them talk. :love:

I :heart: John's southern accent. Sometimes when he calls, he'll be tellin' me about his day, and all I can reply with is, "Damn, baby, your accent sounds so fucking hot..."

*tries to defile him over the phone*

Yes, but we're talking lovely Euro accents...British, Irish, Scottish.. and Australian :sexywink: (so it's not Euro, but it's so very nice)

Bonochick, there will be NO defilement while in this foum, understand? :wink:

zonelistener said:
New Jersey accents SUCK!

:lol: my mom said that my great-grandfather told my grandparents when they moved to jersey that they better not have kids who grow up with jersey accents. instead they had my mom and aunt who grew up with mixed up maryland-pennsylvania-new jersey accents

not a big fan of french accents cos i can hardly understand what my calc professor says sometimes. but i can understand the chemistry professor who supervises our labs. he's irish. his son used to be friends with my brother.

:heart: British/Irish/Scottish accents :heart: There's this pub here in DC that I love going to because of one of the server's Irish accent. :D

zonelistener said:
New Jersey accents SUCK!

I actually find New 'Joysey' accents cute! :cute: Same for the Noo Yawk accent.

Last edited:
..from what I could hear Angie..all 0.5 seconds worth..you have a lovely accent :sexywink: of course it meant setting winamp to repeat and hearing momma harlem rap to get a listen....glad you shared :)

not much wrong with canucky accents either

I had to turn the volume ALL the way up, but I finally heard Angela Harlem. You have a nice accent!! I wish I could record mine so you could all hear what a BAD accent sounds like. Though Sam likes it when I do a British accent.

being a newfie you'd think I'd have a newfie accent. But much of the focus in our early education to getting rid of that cos so many are ashamed of it
so now I barely have any

but I'm proud of the newfie accent!!! (usually...sometimes I admit...it's a bit too much!)

it's unique, damnit! :angry:

Accents are nice! British ones, American ones, European ones...bring it all on!

:)

New Jersey - is that the accent Fran Drescher uses in The Nanny or Or Marisa Tomei in My cousin Vinnie? That's a cool accent.

Vorsprung said:
Wanna hear some Dutch accent????
yeah, so far no one has mentioned the dutch accent
let me be the first to tell you that sex is all that you can think about when you hear me speak

i love european accents. all of them. my guy friend is from sweden, has a great euopean accent. we talked on mic once for 6 hours. i absolutely love hearing his voice/acccent.

Back
Top Bottom