A fissure - I'm getting a horse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess I'm going against the grain here, but I honestly don't think $1.00 CDN per litre for gasoline is expensive. Bottled water, milk and soda pop are all more expensive. Gas SHOULD be more expensive; then we would be less wasteful.

bammo2 said:
soulful I don't mean to pick at your maths, but I'm not sure that it's right. Today, AUS$1.08 = ?0.42 (42p)

Yet according to your calculations, petrol is more expensive in Aus.

When I worked it out, Angie is paying AUS$1.08 per litre. AUS$1.08 = US$0.741157

which means it works out as US$2.8055 per litre

you're right, bammo...

i read the conversion table wrong... :der: :banghead:

Also, AU$1.08/L would be equivalent to US$2.82/GAL.

biff said:
I guess I'm going against the grain here, but I honestly don't think $1.00 CDN per litre for gasoline is expensive. Bottled water, milk and soda pop are all more expensive. Gas SHOULD be more expensive; then we would be less wasteful.

The only problem is that when gas prices jump 10%, everything else that uses gas will go up as well. So if you buy anything, that has to be shipped from anywhere, chances are the price of that item will go up to pay for the increased transportation cost.

Rising gas prices are not a good thing.

I once was so lazy getting petrol I was driving around for a whole day with the warning light flashing and swearing at me. When I filled it, it took 68 litres. Of 70.
:slant:

I like to live dangerously.

Miss Angie, horses ain't a whole lot cheaper than a car.

Vet bills + farrier bills + board + feed + cost of your time to care for them can add up to be pretty expensive. I hold no grudges against my parents for not letting me have a horse as a kid, I can't believe how much people spend on them.

http://www.allabouthorses.com/site/care/budgeting.html

[/smartypants]

:D

bonosloveslave said:
Miss Angie, horses ain't a whole lot cheaper than a car.

Vet bills + farrier bills + board + feed + cost of your time to care for them can add up to be pretty expensive. I hold no grudges against my parents for not letting me have a horse as a kid, I can't believe how much people spend on them.

http://www.allabouthorses.com/site/care/budgeting.html

[/smartypants]

:D

don't I know it. Add horse insurance (which is about the same price as my car insurance too) dentist, lessons, training, travel expenses, renewing blankets, I could go on......

Back
Top Bottom