ZooTV Sydney X P.U.L.S.E.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J_NP

New Yorker
Too much in common ....... :huh: It almost scares

These last week I've been collecting more and more info bout these , specially coz both have been fighting together for the best sellers places on sites , and anyway just check some facts for those who don't know

*BTW Pulse for who don't it's a Double DVD set of Pink Floyd

- Both were directed by who I call a Genius : Mallet , David
- Both were long extremely awaited releases by fans and likers of the bands or rock'n roll
- Just few months separating the finally release
- Both are Double Dvd sets with special packaging
-Both were shown at 1st time on PPV
-Only 1 year separates the time of filming/release

There's probably more , anyone who knows more .....

J_NP said:
Too much in common ....... :huh: It almost scares

Pulse it's a Double DVD set of Pink Floyd

- Both are Double Dvd sets with special packaging

There's probably more , anyone who knows more .....

To some extent, that's right, but you can't match the REAL double DVD from Pink Floyd with the filler double DVD from U2 :down: U2 could have put all the stuff on the second DVD onto one DVD. It's just filled with mini docummentary and some live songs, that's all :tsk:

The second DVD of Zoo TV Sydney is just filler stuff for the bucks, nothing but a commercial move :(. Sadly that's a trend in U2 DVD's. There isn't one DVD with a generous deal of extras.

On Pink Floyd Pulse you find much more extra stuff and much more interesting stuff as well :up: but so far, the (REAL) double DVD set with the best extra stuff are Led Zeppelin DVD and Phil Collins First Farewell Tour :camera:

Re: Re: ZooTV Sydney X P.U.L.S.E.

ponkine said:

To some extent, that's right, but you can't match the REAL double DVD from Pink Floyd with the filler double DVD from U2 :down: U2 could have put all the stuff on the second DVD onto one DVD. It's just filled with mini docummentary and some live songs, that's all :tsk:

The second DVD of Zoo TV Sydney is just filler stuff for the bucks, nothing but a commercial move :(. Sadly that's a trend in U2 DVD's. There isn't one DVD with a generous deal of extras.

On Pink Floyd Pulse you find much more extra stuff and much more interesting stuff as well :up: but so far, the (REAL) double DVD set with the best extra stuff are Led Zeppelin DVD and Phil Collins First Farewell Tour :camera:

If u go for previous comments of mine I had said this , it does hurt watchin a piece of art with all that content , wishing it was a u2 dvd or somethin like that

but There's still hope mate , they will one day get there ;)

Re: Re: ZooTV Sydney X P.U.L.S.E.

ponkine said:

I agree that the extra features on U2 dvds have been pretty uninspired. The one thing in their defense is that compared to Pulse and the Zeppelin & Phil Collins dvds, U2 is expecting to put out a few more in the future. With the other bands' releases, they may as well put all the great documentaries, etc., in there, as it'll probably be their last and only dvd release. I'll expect better documentaries, etc., when U2 are at that point in their career.

Kind of like how there were minimal extra features on the Star Wars dvd set.....you know that Lucas is going to put out a set of Episodes I-VI, and all the great stuff will be on that set. :wink:

Zootlesque said:

It does! The first few minutes of Sorrow is the only good thing about that entire show. And they massacred ABITW2. You cannot, I repeat, CANNOT play ABITW2 without Happiest Days Of Our Lives. And Gilmour singing Brain Damage/Eclipse just sounds wrong.

Holy crap, I see Roger Waters in T minus 5 hours and 30 minutes. :drool:

Noooooooo. First you're shocked at what Gibson Girl said. Then you bow to her for saying it. Then you drool at the thought of it. And finally you give a thumbs up for the whole thing!

:yes:

That version of Time kills everything and any critics for the dvd

GibsonGirl said:

It does! The first few minutes of Sorrow is the only good thing about that entire show. And they massacred ABITW2. You cannot, I repeat, CANNOT play ABITW2 without Happiest Days Of Our Lives. And Gilmour singing Brain Damage/Eclipse just sounds wrong.

Holy crap, I see Roger Waters in T minus 5 hours and 30 minutes. :drool:

:grumpy:

Hope you have a great time!

LemonMacPhisto said:

:grumpy:

Hope you have a great time!

IT WAS FUCKING INCREDIBLE OH MY GOD MORE DETAILS TOMORROW I HOPE SORRY FOR THE BIG PICTURE OH MY GOD.

rog08.jpg

Back
Top Bottom