ZooTV Legs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phillyfan26

Blue Crack Supplier
Which leg of the ZooTV Tour do you think was best?

Indoor US
Indoor Europe
Outside Broadcast
Zooropa
Zoomerang

Easy to say , that the OB and Z'ropa were THE giants in all ways

J_NP said:

That was the reason why I'm not a big fan of zoomeran

Sure there was some great shows but this adding with

the lack of other big songs on ZOOTV , no Desire on the encore , and Wowy played wrongly , all that are big let downs of zoomerang

BTW hey Ax , ever watched this ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAtsW8yj5jA&mode=related&search=

:barf: Dreadful song, only got worse live. Definitely some of the worst music anyone has ever made.

Now, it was a shame Zoomerang had no Desire, but ZooTV Desire was only alright anyway, and getting Daddy's Gonna Pay was pretty neat. I agree on WOWY, but it started to stink on the Zooropa leg anyway. And getting DIRTY DAY makes up for pretty much everything. Wow, that song was impressive live.

Axver said:

:barf: Dreadful song, only got worse live. Definitely some of the worst music anyone has ever made.

Now, it was a shame Zoomerang had no Desire, but ZooTV Desire was only alright anyway, and getting Daddy's Gonna Pay was pretty neat. I agree on WOWY, but it started to stink on the Zooropa leg anyway. And getting DIRTY DAY makes up for pretty much everything. Wow, that song was impressive live.

Dirty Day is the only positive of the Zoomerang tour to me. Yeah, they had Daddy's Gonna Pay and Lemon on the setlist. But they were "barely" playing those live. Too much artificial backing even by U2 standards, especially Lemon.

Outside Broadcast and Zooropa were the two best legs of the Zoo tour.

Axver said:

Yeah mate , u really got somethin against AB , but that's all right

After all we tend to agree a lot of forgotten and underated things

Would be fun to take some beers discussing this , Please tell me NZ make good ones :drool:

i gotta say OB was probably the best in my opinion, followed by zooropa and then the two indoor legs....

each have their pro's but i pefer the OB leg cause it was the big stadium show with mirrorball man (not a big fan of macphisto) and it had ultraviolet and desire.....

inside legs were good cause they had full band wgrywh!!!!

Zooropa and Zoomerang for the simple fact that MacPhisto was around for both.

I can't pick between the two...love the setlists from both legs.

Zooropa Outside broadcast. MacPhisto:drool:
however the indoor ZooTv gig I saw in Earls Court London was amazing too.

Blue Room said:

Dirty Day is the only positive of the Zoomerang tour to me. Yeah, they had Daddy's Gonna Pay and Lemon on the setlist. But they were "barely" playing those live. Too much artificial backing even by U2 standards, especially Lemon.

Drums, Bass, Guitar, Vocals....:scratch:...synth......

J_NP said:

Yeah mate , u really got somethin against AB , but that's all right

After all we tend to agree a lot of forgotten and underated things

Would be fun to take some beers discussing this , Please tell me NZ make good ones :drool:

Mmm, forgotten rarities. :drool:

And I wouldn't know about beer as I don't drink the stuff, but NZ makes some fine wines. :drool: :drool:

phillyfan26 said:
Which leg of the ZooTV Tour do you think was best?

Indoor US
Indoor Europe
Outside Broadcast
Zooropa
Zoomerang

Outside Broadcast or Indoor US, Europe.

Indoor Us/Europe had live Whose Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Desire & Ultraviolet.

Outdoor broadcast was the best show visually with some of the best performances I've heard.

Plus, no Zooropa tracks!!

From the footage I've seen, the indoor shows look puny compared to the later outdoor concerts. I mean, something like ZooTV needs alot of room to be properly carried out.

bono_man2002 said:

Drums, Bass, Guitar, Vocals....:scratch:...synth......

My :scratch: is the fact that I even have to point this out to you. What kind of stereo have you listened to the Zoomerang shows on??

Backing in that Terry is playing the sequencers and backing up so high in the mix, it overwhelms what the band is playing. They might as well have Bono singing to the studio version doing karoeke. Also, especially on Lemon, the Edge's vocals are definately pre recorded, he may be singing into his mic, but the pre recorded part is what you hear in the mix. On Lemon Edge might as well not even be out there because he really isnt doing much of anything. Yeah, he is strumming his guitar and singing parts, but its not coming out very much in the mix. THAT is what I mean.

I dont mind U2 using backing on their songs. But it should enhance what the band are playing live, not overwhelm it and dominate it. It dominates on those two songs IMO and I dont care for that.

Last edited:
Early outdoor with the same pre Zooropa-fied encore and with I still haven't found... acoustic in the set.

I think Zoomerang (specifically Sydney Live DVD)

Zoomerang Mysterious Ways was the pinacle performance of that song, especially occasions on the 1st and 3rd chorus where Edge leaves Bono to sing on his own and he punches out the All Rights as if there is a significance beyond the words themselves. I never figured out whether that was an accident and Edge got lost on stage or whether they cut out the harmonies for a reason. Such a pity that current day performances of Mysterious Ways are so lazy and disappointing. Why get rid of the Belly Dancer, that was genius??

Until the End of the World had the greatest opening ever with Bono screaming 'Hey Judas', which he doesn't do now and the finale of that song was incredible with Larry throwing in roles that haven't been heard before or since on that tune live. Bono also changed the rhythm of the Da Das and made them far harsher and resonant of the picture the band were trying to create through the climax of that song and of course the seague into New Years which they don't do now. Bono rarely sings on the finale of the song now which weakens it substantially live.

Also would have been interesting for them to try Zooropa again live after the Wembley gigs, think they onyl tried it twice and the versions were lame.

I don't think they should have dropped Bad for the Zoomerang tour, should have included it before Bullet and shifted Dirty Day to before or after Lemon. Bad at the Dublin 28/08/93 was the best it has ever been, every element of the band were on fire for that, Larry's roles toward the end have never come close since. Bono was singing from somewhere else that night.

Or late Zooropa with Stay and Babyface, pity they didn't do Dirty day back then.

Outside Broadcast!!! Mirrorball Man was cool. Have to agree with Blue Room about Lemon & Daddy's Gonna Pay. Not "live" enough.

Back
Top Bottom