Zooropa's Kinda The Bomb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phattom

The Fly
I've been playing this the last few days and it's pretty awesome, making me week-kneed for the days of U2 taking chances. Seriously, have you heard The Wanderer lately? Hell, tracks 1-10? Zooropa+this fanboy=:rockon:

Everything about this album is amazing. From the distant radio signals in the beginning to the haunting siren at the end.

Especially the siren, though. :wink:

XHendrix24 said:
Everything about this album is amazing. From the distant radio signals in the beginning to the haunting siren at the end.

Especially the siren, though. :wink:

They should have released the siren as a single.

It would have won 'Record Of The Year' at the grammys.

Next thing you know there will be a William Orbit remix of the siren, and a Jackknife Lee remix of the siren, and a Temple Bar Edit of the siren....

ZOOROPA IS SIMPLY AMAZING. IT BLEW PEOPLE AWAY WHEN IT CAME OUT AND IT BLOWS PEOPLE AWAY NOW.
ZOOROPA, STAY AND THE WANDERER ARE THREE OF THE BEST U2 SONGS EVER, NUMB AND LEMON AREN'T FAR BEHIND EITHER.
I HOPE WE WILL SEE SOMETHING SIMILAR IN MOOD AND STYLE AGAIN SOME DAY FROM THEM...

Zooropa is might be dated some what but it still shockes me how ahead of its time it was.

Zooropa totally captures that time and mindset that U2 and the U2 fans were at around that time.

I vividly remember reading every article I could and watching every ZOO TV related item on MTV I could. My headspace was up in the radio waves and everything was a happy blur.

Every track on Zooropa reminds me of those good days.

It's a bluer kind of white. The sexiest time in U2's history--Achtung Baby & Zooropa. I thought what has happened to my boys--but God I loved it! :drool:

MumblingBono said:
Interesting choice of a thread title :eyebrow:

It's pretty much the anti-Bomb to me:wink:

Totally; i meant the album is the bomb=ultimate all over the place. I hope U2 remembers what is was like to challenge and go for it again because I can't get enough of this thing.

My favorite U2 album. I wish U2 would get back out there and start breaking ground like Zooropa did.

I put this on after nearly 3 years last week and wow... i'd forgotten hwo much the fisrt 3 tracks link into each other

It is amazing and possibly the best U2 album

I'd still align myself with Acthung getting top of the pops; Zooropa is more of a part of Acthung, an addition to the whole Zoo TV era, in the same sense as how Bowie had the Berlin trilogy. That said, it's pretty great, even greater if you warp yourself into the whole time period.

Ifeelnumb84 said:
I find myself constantly thinking it's 1993, even though I was 9 then, and that makes no sense.

Strangely, I have a similar problem, and I was only 12 then :shrug: :wink:

Oh and Zooropa is probably the U2 album I listen to the most.

For the longest time after hearing Zooropa I just assocaited it as Achtung Baby Part II but since then its grown on me and I see it now as more than just a sequel of sorts. It has its own life and its paces.

Ifeelnumb84 said:
A great album, although I feel Some Days is a good track that would be better on a different album. It just doesn't fit for me.

Hated Zooropa for years and years after it came out. Couldn't bear to listen to it. Actually tried several times but just couldn't get it. Then last summer, my ears were opened and it was like I heard it for the first time--it shot up the charts and is now one of my top three U2 albums. I love it. The title track--man, it's amazing! Lyrically, the what is it? like three different melodies in the song. Great, great album.

And you know the funny thing is, the only song I liked on the disc during my years of not getting Zooropa was "Some Days" and now it's one of the songs I'm less excited about. I agree, it doesn't really seem to belong on this album.

put this CD in my car the other day just to listen to ZOOROPA, and ended up listening to the whole CD straight.

Great album, although there are a couple songs I don't enjoy on it.

but ya, it is kinda the bomb :wink:

Back
Top Bottom