Zooropa vs Da Bomb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zooropa vs Da Bombdiggity

• Zooropa

Votes: 114 47.9%
  • How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

Votes: 124 52.1%

• Total voters
How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb of course ;) Like I said in the thread "Zooropa vs All that you can't leave behind", I think that album was boring. So all the others are winners.

Seriously, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb has many GREAT songs - Vertigo, City of Blinding lights, Sometimes you can't make it on your own, Love peace or else, Yahweh (because if it's signification)... It's energic, refreshing and... I just love it :) Right after Achtung Baby, it's the best to me ahah ;)

namkcuR said:

What is your problem? Are you trying to stir shit up?

don't mind him, he's got lots of problems.
many of which involve shit and stirring, but not how i think you meant it...:ohmy:

namkcuR said:
Are we seriously comparing Bomb to the White Album and Physical Graffiti now?

Is anyone seriously going to contend that there is anything on Bomb that is even in the same stratosphere as Dear Prudence, Glass Onion, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Happiness Is A Warm Gun, Martha My Dear, I'm So Tired, Blackbird, Piggies, Rocky Racoon, Julia, Helter Skelter, Revolution 1, Honey Pie, The Rover, Houses Of The Holy, Kashmier, In The Light, Bron-Yr-Aur, Down By The Seaside, etc?

You're kidding aren't you?
Glass Onion, Martha My Dear, Piggies, Rocky Racoon, Honey Pie... :huh:

Zooropa is to me the better album no question. I am one of those folks who appreciate a theme or concept in an album - I very, very rarely listen to the A-sides of the Best Ofs despite the fact that they'd be likely to beat most of the studio albums in any song-by-song (head-to-head or average number) type comparison.

(This taste for a theme may be one of the reasons I don't listen all that often to JT - one of the greatest albums ever, but the first U2 album that was more a collection of songs than an concept.)

I must add that it's not by theme alone that Zooropa the album wins. If I had to give up Zooropa the song or the entire HTDAAB album (but not the Vertigo tour of course :wink:), I'd have to give up HTDAAB, because even the songs on HTDAAB that I'd least like to part with I can (IMO) basically find on previous work and none for me has the power of transcendence that Zooropa the song does.

From The White Album the only songs that I listen on a regular basis are Back in the USSR, Blackbird, Happiness is a warm gun and Helter Skelter. The others just not appeal to me even if many of them are great.

White Album may be better than HTDAAB but if the HTDAAB and U2 songs appeal more to me what can I do? :drool:

mucho traffico said:
zooropa, another bloody poll :huh:

mine was the original, i didnt know it would create this series of never ending polls :sad:

Chizip said:

mine was the original, i didnt know it would create this series of never ending polls :sad:

ah, you didn't see it coming, not your fault *pats awkwardly on back*

Back
Top Bottom