Zooropa or Pop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is the better album

• Zooropa

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • Pop

Votes: 48 61.5%

• Total voters
Zooropa is one of my favorite U2 albums, while Pop is easily their worst in my opinion. The first three songs on Pop along with a few of the ones near the end are just plain awful. While the album still has some great tunes (Staring at the Sun, Gone, IGWSHA, etc...) it just isn't really the U2 that I know and love. I'm rather surprised by the poll results........

BigMacPhisto said:
Zooropa is one of my favorite U2 albums, while Pop is easily their worst in my opinion. The first three songs on Pop along with a few of the ones near the end are just plain awful. While the album still has some great tunes (Staring at the Sun, Gone, IGWSHA, etc...) it just isn't really the U2 that I know and love. I'm rather surprised by the poll results........

:madspit: :madspit: :madspit:

And so, the case must now be rested.

How long before someone starts a thread saying "I CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW ANYONE CAN LIKE ZOOROPA!!!"

Hehe ;)

well both albums are in my top 4, but I would have to say Zooropa, I listen to that more than any other U2 album these days, sometimes I am even tempted to say it's my favorite U2 album, but not quite

pub crawler said:

I know, I know. But it's true. The fact is that no one has ever bothered to ask if I like it more than Zooropa! As I have pointed out before, EVERY thread on ANY subject becomes a thread about Pop on this board! There's just so much about Pop and it's always starting such flaming controversies that I've gained the reputation of being a rabid Pop hater, though I don't think I've ever typed the words "I hate Pop" on the blue screen. I think that possibly I dislike Discotheque and Mofo more than any other songs by U2...oh and Playboy Mansion, which strikes me as the most pointless song they've ever done. However, I genuinely like and admire Gone and Please--quite a lot, actually--and I can get considerable enjoyment from IGWSHA (despite hating the lyrics) and Last Night on Earth and so on. I just don't have much to say about Zooropa because I find it so flat and boring. Stay is a beautiful song, but otherwise most of the album leaves me cold or annoys me in varying degrees. So yeah, I'd have to say I prefer Pop, on balance.

Recovered from the shock yet? ;)

Has to be POP. Maybe I'm biased since this was the 1st U2 album I ever brought. I have to agree with Scatter about Playboy mansion and IGWSHA. Playboy mansion has got to be the worse song U2 has done. I like the music but the lyrics and title :no: . I only like a few songs from Zooropa but it's one of the U2 albums I hear the least.

Back
Top Bottom