Zooropa in the summer time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FullonEdge

The Fly
U2's only summer release I believe

I bought this album in the summer and it will forever be a summer album for me. it sounds a little raw at times, but with songs like zooropa, babyface, numb, lemon, some days...it can be raw euphoria!!!

The swirling colors of this album will always hold a special place in my heart.

Ok. I'm done now.

Dirty Day has it. after the slow verses and it's just the heavier, quicker music part, you can hear it - you'll have to listen closely though - but it's definitely there.

Summer makes me think of WOWY and shining like stars.

Some Days Are Better Than Others is quite summer-y, too.

"Guess what...I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell"

oh, the cowbell is there alright. the greatest thing about zooropa for me personally was that i didnt want to believe this was u2. when i first listened to the album i had only heard 80-90 greatest hits and atyclb. almost 4 years later, i have to say its my 2nd fav, behind AB. i wish we got more releases like this from the band because it sounds like they let themselves go off on a tangent instead of over producing and giving the album a theme to drive home.

like FullonEdge said, zooropa has a raw euphoric feelng to it. i still cant figure out what message the album might have...ive got ideas but we wont go there...yet :wink:

TheBrazilianFly said:
For me Zooropa is the last album I would relate with summer.... :|

Why is that? Is it because you didn't buy it in the summer?

I mean don't you just feel the sunshine when you give it a listen?

For me, it's a winter album. Dark themes, dark sound. Not to say I don't love it nonetheless. U2's first 3 albums are summer albums.

i relate Zooropa to really great u2 music

what song can top Lemon? the length, the lyrics, the live performances...

only Bad can

On thinking about it, I relate Zooropa to midnight. Thanks, Lemon. Oh, and 3am. Thanks, Stay. So Zooropa is a night time kind of album for me.

Depends where you live, but most albums, I guess if you live in the Southern Hemisphere, are summer albums, I guess its got more to do with them wanting to cash in on the Christmas spending spree, really. SO that would actually make Zooropa a winter album for me, anyway the one song that totally makes me think SUMMER is, Electrial storm. When it came out two years ago, it was such a balmy spring where I live and there were loads of storms, I just love that song, it always takes me to summer:wink:

Axver...you hit it - "midnight is when the day begins" - its totally a night album. i live by that qoute- my fav from any U2 song. i dont get too happy from zooropa, but it gets me thinkin. i do alot of artwork at night and thats usually the album i go to to get in a personal, creative mood. that album REEKS creativity.

BTW, theres some COWBELL in discotheque...listen carefully. I bet Larry "explores the studio space " when he plays the cowbell:larry: :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom