"Zooropa" - dates played

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tjmcquad

Babyface
Can someone please let me know the dates that "Zooropa" (the song) was played live? Thank you

Tim McQ

It was only played three times.

August 08, 1993: Glasgow, Scotland at Celtic Park
August 11, 1993: London, England at Wembley Stadium
August 12, 1993: London, England at Wembley Stadium

jonnytakeawalk said:

Disgraceful :tsk:

Anyone know why this is?! I reckon Zooropa would go off live! There's too many songs off Zooropa unfairly neglected by the band. Dirty day's hardly ever been played live too

Cause it sucked live.

jonnytakeawalk said:

Well I think it was fanastic on Zoo tv Sydney! :drool:

I suspect Brau meant Zooropa, and he's right. The band couldn't really get it to work well so they dropped it quickly.

MrBrau1 said:

Dirty Day kicks live. 100X the 1/2 assed album version.

Zooropa? The other way around.

So true!

I have heard one liver version of Zooropa and it didn't sound too bad.
I think they should have tried harder to get it right personally.. just like they should have with If God Will Send His Angels, Miami etc..

For Zooropa to have worked live, they would've had to completely strip it down. Zooropa was a song based on sound effects and there's only so much you could do with a live rendition of the song.

LuvandPeace1980 said:

So true!

I have heard one liver version of Zooropa and it didn't sound too bad.
I think they should have tried harder to get it right personally.. just like they should have with If God Will Send His Angels, Miami etc..

Miami? I think you mean Do You Feel Loved. Miami was played for two whole legs of Popmart; DYFL disappeared after six shows.

LuvandPeace1980 said:

the full band, live version of IGWSHA is SOOOOOOO good! it's fantastic

pacemaker said:
How did babyface sound the few times they played it?

Average. It didn't kill anyone, but it wasn't mind blowing either.

Do You Feel Loved was great live. :drool:

Axver said:

Miami? I think you mean Do You Feel Loved. Miami was played for two whole legs of Popmart; DYFL disappeared after six shows.

Oh shit just check www.u2tours.com
Sorry
I honestly thought Miami was only played like 8 shows of the first leg. And yes Do You Feel Loved was definately another good song from what I have heard.
But Miami seemed to be so awesome even the Las Vegas one rocked (even if Bono did start too early)
The reason I am pissed is I never got to hear IGWHA, DYFL and Miami on my leg at the perth super shit dome.
U2 should have immortalised those songs and kept playing them as they seemed like they had real potential.

PS: Does anyone have a good recording of Miami from another show I only have Vegas?

pacemaker said:
How did babyface sound the few times they played it?
About as boring as it sounds on the album.

I remember more than a decade ago, I was so excited when I bought a bootleg that contained both Babyface and Zooropa. I got over that excitement pretty quick, since neither are much to listen to.

Back
Top Bottom