Zooropa!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's the finest example of what makes u2 the greatest rock n roll band ever. To think only FOUR years earlier, they made Rattle & Hum, a great album but it was almost country, with it's American roots music influence. Then they do a 180 turn and make Zooropa, a work of genius and experimentation, with a very European influence. Brilliant.

I love this album, so far it is the only U2 album that I have bought the day that it was released as I was such a U2 geek back then and totally obsessed with them, although at the time I was a little dissapointed as earlier that year I had bought War and the Unforgettable Fire and I was really getting into their older work, but now that I am older I love this album- its a pitty that I couldnt really appreciate it for what is was when it came out, but after seeing them live on the ZOOTV tour was what made me really get into it and now I think that it is a great album and it is one that I can put on and it never sounds dated, even though it is 11 years old:wink:

sortofhomecoming said:
I love this CD - unfortunately I need to buy a new one - because I one I have is a little scratched.

Hey, if you do get another one, might I have your scratched one? I'll pay postage..

The reason is is that I have a few unusable U2 CDs (I really should take better care of them!) and I use them for decorationn!

}:)~

P.S. Sorry this post is kinda off-topic...

I'm glad you liked it Who! :up:

The Wanderer is my favorite song on that one. Johnny Cash rules and those lyrics are just amazing!!!! :bow: The whole album just kicks ass, the only thing better than Numb is the video for it. :lol:

only wish there was a video- either of the recording or full blown production and all- to accompany 'the wanderer'. it'd be nice if we see at some point studio footage of that union between johnny and the boys :yes:

mofo82 said:
only wish there was a video- either of the recording or full blown production and all- to accompany 'the wanderer'. it'd be nice if we see at some point studio footage of that union between johnny and the boys :yes:

It sure would!! :up: :drool:

i think i read somewhere that bono said when johnny cash walked in the studios the first day to record 'the wanderer', it was like god, jesus, or moses just came in ...at that point in their career, i think that says alot how truly humble these guys are, no matter how cool and extravagant they may come across.

in a different thread months ago another feedback-ite and myself were coming up with scenarios how 'the wanderer' could be used in the upcoming tour's setlist. seeing that johnny passed on, itd be a great tribute to play it a few times. it'd go something like this... 'wanderer' would play out, the alarm as well. the band leaves as if the show is over, but the alarm would mix into streets. when we talked about this, no one had no idea the album was gonna be 'atomic bomb'. now that gives this song a WHOLE NEW LIFE, with its apocalyptic-4 horsemen-post nuclear meltdown vibe. finally, itd be sweet to see this happen live done in the same style that 'satellite of love' was performed live, instead as sung with johnny on a big screen. that would be EXTRA creepy and cool.

This is probably the ONE U2 album I want on Vinyl. Anyone know if ANYWHERE still has a few copies, I mean a non-bidding site like eBay? I'm desperate for a copy since I gave my Dad his CD copy back AGES ago!!

Plus, I think most people will agree that one thing CDs CAN'T provide is HOURS of looking at the cover. When I bought a copy of War on LP, I realised the CD copy just looks really cheap and tacky...but with any LP, you jus sit there and hold the 12" sleeve for ages and just LOOK...I'd just LOVE the Zooropa Sleeve in 12"!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom