zoo tv public spat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
can someone explain the apparent pubic spat u2 had with artist Jenny Holzer over the slogans used that looked alot like her own work?

jenny holzer is an artist who lives in upstate new york and her husband was a professor where i went to college.

the contraversy, i believe, was U2's use of the slogans in "the fly" -- both the video and on tour. the phrases "death is a career move" "religion is a club" "bomb" "pussy" "it could never happen here" and their rapid fire assault on the audience were very similar to some of her work, i believe, and she said something to the effect of "i thought it was something i had done" when she saw the video and the tour. i know there's more to the story, but that's what i can remember off the top of my head.

marik said:
can someone explain the apparent pubic spat u2 had with artist Jenny Holzer over the slogans used that looked alot like her own work?

I don't know about it, but a "pubic" spat is something I definitely regret having missed.

Re: Re: zoo tv public spat?

GiacomoHoldini said:

I don't know about it, but a "pubic" spat is something I definitely regret having missed.

That made me laugh. It could be fun, couldn't it?

Back
Top Bottom