Zoo TV in Sydney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Earl-Of-IMDb

War Child
Yesterday i was around the house cleaning and i had a box of old tapes in a box and found the tape for this concert and after five or six years of not see in it, it made me fall in love again. Passion, Love and intensity. best concert movie ever.

close second Popmart and Slane

That's one of the things that's so cool about U2. They've spanned several decades and numerous eras and tours. There's so much it's impossible to stay on top of all of it even if you spend 24/7 living and breathing U2. So to happen across specific parts of U2's history like finding a tape in a box is a real treasure! I love those times and falling in love with U2 all over again.:wink:

Oh i see, i'm new here so i don't know what the hell i'm doing half the time here. it takes time to getting used to. this should be on the confessional boards but here it go: i find interference confusing! :ohmy: i love it but yeah.

Earl-Of-IMDb said:
Oh i see, i'm new here so i don't know what the hell i'm doing half the time here. it takes time to getting used to. this should be on the confessional boards but here it go: i find interference confusing! :ohmy: i love it but yeah.
I know exactly what you mean. Those titles for sections can be VERY confusing; don't get me started on the subsections! :)

The only problem I have with Zooropa Sydney is it's not Zoo TV North America or even Europe. I want less songs from Zooropa, except "Lemon", and more of "Achtung Baby".

I'm also sick to death of seeing "New Year's Day" and "Sunday Bloody Sunday" on concert DVDs. Boring!

coolian2 said:

Was Sunday Bloody Sunday a hidden clip on the Zoo DVD?
Good point; it wasn't there, but it's on all the other DVDs and never performed with the same beauty as on "Rattle and Hum"; they're both good songs; they're just overplayed, and I'm tired of ALMOST always getting the same songs on DVD.

I really wanted to see "Ultraviolet" and "Who's Gonna Ride" and other songs sans MacPhisto pronunciation.

The only problem I have with Zooropa Sydney is it's not Zoo TV North America or even Europe. I want less songs from Zooropa, except "Lemon", and more of "Achtung Baby".

There were about forty billion songs from AB on the Zoo DVD, and I think... four from Zooropa, which happened to be the album that they were promoting at the time to begin with.

Stupid complaint.

Muldfeld said:
I really wanted to see "Ultraviolet" and "Who's Gonna Ride" and other songs sans MacPhisto pronunciation.

You're right about Wild Horses. For anyone who's heard the Dancing ZooTV bootleg from the Stockholm Globe Arena, the song sounds absolutley amazing live. Why it was dropped I don't know.

Even more tragic that the performance from Stockholm was not included as a bonus on the DVD as it was captured and is bouncing about on youTube.

Further to my last post. Does anyone have a decent bootleg DVD of the Stockholm show that is available via torrent or trade?

I still have VHS one too, last time I watched it was prob couple of years ago myself. It is a great concert to watch when I am ever in the mood, and I still get chills down my spine when Bono sings loudly round the statium near the end of 'Running to Stand Still'.

how that song changes to 'Streets' is amazing.

thou I never quite got why Bono does a channel changing moment with a 'remote' - even if its part of the whole Zoo TV thing.....I dont think they needed it in :)

Back
Top Bottom