Zoo TV DVD - what would you put in the "extra" footage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Suppose you got to choose what the band puts on the additional, extra DVD.

I would pick:

- video for Until the end of the world
- a show from the arenas and Outside broadcast leg (assuming there's enough room)
- in-depth interviews on putting the tour together with the band and Willie Williams

The Sydney Show

ZOO TV : Putting The Tour Together (a 1 ½ hour retrospective documentary about what went into making and touring ZOO TV from the Lakeland rehearsals to the Philadelphia rehearsals to the Zooropa album to the final days in Japan. With interviews with Bono, The Edge, Larry Mullen, Adam Clayton, Paul McGuinness, Willie Williams, BP Fallon, and many more)

Highlights Of The ZOO Tours: 12 band picked moments that stand out as high-lights of the ZOO Tours including rare tracks ‘Zooropa’ and ‘Babyface’.

Video Confessional Highlights: Twelve minutes of the video confessional box

Trailers: The upcoming U2 – Popmart DVD, The Best of 1980 – 1980 DVD, U2 Live At Red Rocks DVD (includes sneak peeks at all of those DVDs’ special features)

That’d be nice…ain’t gonna happen though…we’ll get the show, maybe a five minute behind-the-scenes, a performance from some European awards show of ‘Even Better Than The Real Thing’ and some random video like ‘Lemon’ the one with only one angle of Edge’s shoe…wow…that sounds……yeah….whatever….

the Outside Broadcast :drool:

all the songs that were in the line up, but didn't show on the SYdney show: Desire; Ultraviolet :drool: , WGRYWH :drool: x 20 , Bad, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Zooropa, Babyface, I Still Haven't Found... , When Love Comes To Town...

pepokiss said:
the Outside Broadcast :drool:

all the songs that were in the line up, but didn't show on the SYdney show: Desire; Ultraviolet :drool: , WGRYWH :drool: x 20 , Bad, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Zooropa, Babyface, I Still Haven't Found... , When Love Comes To Town...

:up:

UltraViolet
Wild Horses
Bad
and Desire would make my day.

- Videos from the AB VHS that have not been released on DVD
- MTV Outside Broadcast special
- Films that were shown on the screens during the tour (a la the background projections that Depeche Mode have included on their live DVDs)

For The Fly:

- Have one thing with just the screens in the background and the music.
- The original with the band video and the screen shots on top of them.
- The performance without the words on their faces.

Also, Outside Broadcast videos of Desire, Ultraviolet, Bad, and WGRYWH (even though I don't like the song, most people do).

The out of print Achtung Baby video. You know, the one with the history mix and all the videos and such.

MMMmm .....

-A Making of the tour with no less than 40 minutes

-A Behind scenes with the band actually talking ( could be that MTV doc )

-The Interference videos from AB collection.

-Live Videos :
->The Old Encore
*Desire
*UV
*Wowy ( 2 guitars)

-> The Achtung Cut numbers
*Wild Horses
*Arms round the world
*So Cruel or Acrobat (Reh. )

-> The 80 Classics
*Bad
*I still Haven't (Maybe Acoustic and Electric) :drool:
*And one more rare , could be I will follow or Sunday , or AIWIY

->The Rare Tracks
*Zooropa
*Babyface
*Some more acoustic numbers , LoveTown maybe , or Dancing Queen or any other.

And finally the so wanted video , a song of the nov 26 show , a video without Adam :wink:

-Missing Sydney song
-1st Zoostation(lakeland)/last Blindness(Tokyo) as comparison
-Kurt Loder-MTV stdium screens interview
-MTV Awards/detroit footage
-Until the End of the World - Live Sacromento/Freddie Mercury Tribute
-Best of the Phone calls
-Best of channel surfing("you can never find the commercials when you need them")
-Best of Guest stars(ABBA/Lou Reed/AXL/Lanois/Rushdie etc..)
-One - TOTP Feb. 92
-Acrobat - Hershey Dress Rehearsal
-Odds and Ends - live tracks: Full So Cruel/Zooropa/Babyface/Larry singing/Redemption Song/Ultraviolet etc..
-Dancing Queen - 1st time in LA - with Larry giving Bono an evil look
-Best of Zoo Confessionals
-Reprint of the Tour Programme
-Reggae ISHFWILF
-Free Achtung Baby condom in every DVD case

u2fp

Just make it a little time capsule of that era. As others have said, the Achtung video, all the Achtung/Zooropa video clips etc.

Dare I suggest Adam's video diary of the 48hrs preceding the gig??

hope we dont get any of those crap and useless alternative camera angle or, bono cam type versions that came with the vertigo dvd. Also, the documentary that came with elevation was dire by U2's standards!! So hopefully there will be nothing like that!
There is so much material they could use.
I'd like to see the trabant documentary on there, the 2 hour zoo tv tv special, that was amazing! Interviews with Eno would be good.
The MTV interview they did with Kurt-most annoying voice on earth-Loder, which had the had head of each band member on a differennt screen.
Plus, there were loads of MTV stuff id love them to include, such as the live link up, with that jerk from waynes world playing drums, plus a great show which had MTVs Pip Dann introducing the band to two polish competion winners who were wonderfully obsessed with U2. Edge interviewed them, and one of them, a guy in his fiftees, who spoke no english was dressed as the edge but had obviosly made the costume himself, he looked like a derranged, homicidal stalker, it was fantastic!
Bring it all on!!

Ultimate Option:

ZooTV Sydney
ZooTV Dublin

Good Option:

ZooTV Sydney
ZooTV Washington DC

Okay Option:

ZooTV Sydney
High quality documentary, cut songs from the tour, footage of Mirrorball man, Interviews with Willie Williams etc

Likely Option:
ZooTV Sydney (minus 2 songs [Daddy's Gonna Pay & Dirty Day] cut for "artistic and space reasons")
Interview with Bono, Interview with Bono, Interview with Macphisto, Trailer for all U2 releases, U2 video game, iPod ad, iTunes ad. Multicamera look at the crowd and Larry. Chapter Selection, Animated Menus.

Zoo TV can't be less than a 2 DVD box set :drool:

DVD1: The first one must contain a 1992 concert - I'd go with Stockholm 1992 for the fantastic performance there, far better than Washington -
Also must contain the Outside Broadcast documentary :up: , some making of videos, highlights from 1992 Tour and of course, the Night and Day, Until The End Of The World and Love Is Blindness videos

DVD2: Sidney 1993 concert COMPLETE, plus highlights from Wembley 1993 (they must include the Sarajevo Satellite Link for example:heart: ), Dublin 1993, another documentary (I've seen one different than Outside Broadcast, with band reharsals, interviews, and lot more), etc

:wave:

A full special on Macphisto's phone calls, including Salman Rushdie popping up in wembley!!!!!!!!!!!

Performances of UV, Wild Horses, and the trabant documentary!!!!

The love is blindness video!!! and a special on those huge heads!!!!!!!

Screen savers with stuff from the fly, until the end of the world, numb, and constelations from love is blindess!!!!+

Making of, from the tour.

But most specially that it'd be a different show than sydney, and if it is, that it includes trying to throw your arms around the world.

Peace out!

Back
Top Bottom