Zoo TV DVD release

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

filmfreak

Babyface
Do any of you know whether or not an official copy of the Zoo TV tour is going to be released on DVD. I've got a copy on VHS and a bootleg of the VHS transfer to DVD, but it just doesn't look or sound the same compared to the dolby digital and dts soundtracks on Elevation and Come Home tour DVDs?

u2 dont want to let go of it!!

i say screw the vertigo dvd give us zootvlive dvd. its 100 times better than what ever they will put together now!!!

rumors are there is supposed to be a live DVD box set released

Red Rocks/Zoo TV Sidney/Popmart Mexico city

I thought it was supposed to be released sometime this summer, but i havent heard anything in a while so maybe its not true

hopefully sometime though

I heard that there will be a box coming out with
Under a blood red sky, zoo Tv live in Sydney and Popmart on DVD.. But when? Around Christmas maybe..

Zoo TV was the best gig I've ever been to, and I still can't believe that is hasn't been released on DVD.

Especially considering it was the most expensive tours of all time, you would have thought someone would have released it just to try to make more money from it!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys, just found this;

Universal New Zealand have informed us that the rumoured 'U2 DVD boxed-set' has just popped up on their release-schedule for September of this year. The set will contain three of U2's "back-catalogue" titles that have previously been unavailable on DVD.

The three titles due out in September are:

Live at Red Rocks
Zoo TV Live from Sydney
Popmart Live from Mexico

It seems that the fourth title that was rumoured to have been included in this boxed-set, 'The Best of 1980-1990', has now been held back for a possible release at a later date as an individual title.

www,u2 new zooland.com

I heard it was not going to be released due to the quality of the filming (Pay per view, camcorder type look) not transferring well to DVD. Of course I'd love to have one. A 'friend' has not given back my VHS copy and I miss it! :mad:

They need some Outside Broadcast footage

Desire/UltraViolet/WOWY from Stockholm:drool: :drool: :drool:

i read on the www.atu2.com blog there is a possibility the DVD set will include the entire MTV Jammed concert and Croke park from this tour. It'd be cool if there is a Croke Park DVD eh?

The thing is the Zoo Tv from Sydney was not the best recording of that era. I think the sound quality on the video is very weak compared to the Popmart Mexico video. I think if they are going to release an official recording of that era it should be taken from the USA tour of 1992 when they was at their peak and also when they were still playing "Tryin' to throw your arms around the world" which they did great live that year. I have a bootleg of the Washington show on DVD and it is fantastic and far better than the Sydney concert which was filmed 18 months later.

patske said:
I heard that there will be a box coming out with
Under a blood red sky, zoo Tv live in Sydney and Popmart on DVD.. But when? Around Christmas maybe..

That would be tremendous, hope it happens. But get ready to take out a second mortgage.......that baby is gonna cost some bucks $$$$ !!!!!!

rjhbonovox said:
The thing is the Zoo Tv from Sydney was not the best recording of that era. I think the sound quality on the video is very weak compared to the Popmart Mexico video. I think if they are going to release an official recording of that era it should be taken from the USA tour of 1992 when they was at their peak and also when they were still playing "Tryin' to throw your arms around the world" which they did great live that year. I have a bootleg of the Washington show on DVD and it is fantastic and far better than the Sydney concert which was filmed 18 months later.

I agree that Sydney was not the best show of the tour, but just to clear up a minor detail - they *did* play Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World at Sydney, it just didn't make the video. Supposedly (meaning I've never been able to get my hands on it) there exists a Japanese laserdisc that includes TTTYAATW... but it also cuts out all the video prior to Zoo Station and has a credit roll over Can't Help Falling In Love. So you win some you lose some, I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom