Zoo TV appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gah....just thinking about ZooTV makes me want to cry cause I'm never going to see it.....oh well...*goes to watch live from sydney*

bono_212 said:
gah....just thinking about ZooTV makes me want to cry cause I'm never going to see it.....oh well...*goes to watch live from sydney*

same here. i was only 11-12 years old when the zoo tour was going on. i remember wanting to go with my older cousin, but my parents didnt want me to. i was pretty pissed off about that.
and hell, my cousin managed to get to the front near the stage too. i was THIS fucking close...

but i have the bootlegs of that show to make me think at least feel like i was sort of there... :sad: :sad:

and i watch the Sydney show religiously.. hehe.

i just wish i could have been a part of that whole.. madness at the time.

yep, we need a time machine. damnit.

ZOOTV.. THE BEST FUCKIN TOUR... EVER!!! :rockon:

ZOO TV - Fantastic Show!! :bow:

The entire show was quality all the way from minute one! Especially loved the attitude - the intro/stage entry, THE FLY :drool: , Edge's outfits and MacPhisto. Does anyone know if any ZOO TV t-shirts are still available?

Zoo TV was musical peformance with an attitude at its absolute best. Never has any concert tour fit like a glove with the times the way Zoo TV did. Following up what many have now come to realize is the greatest album of all-time with the greatest tour of all-time is only possible because of the creative genius of U2. It was barely controlled mayhem taken to the absolute edge of technology on a grand scale. Zoo TV was everything peaking at once.. like one giant orgasm of musical and visual sensory overload. No one word can describe it and I'm not going to even try.

We didn't really know of the true greatness of that tour at the time of course, we were all just along for the ride... :drool: But looking back I get goosebumps thinking about that special time and remembering how special it was to be a part of it.

We want the Zoo TV Sydney concert on DVD!! :hyper: :drool:

cypress said:
Zoo TV was musical peformance with an attitude at its absolute best. Never has any concert tour fit like a glove with the times the way Zoo TV did. Following up what many have now come to realize is the greatest album of all-time with the greatest tour of all-time is only possible because of the creative genius of U2. It was barely controlled mayhem taken to the absolute edge of technology on a grand scale. Zoo TV was everything peaking at once.. like one giant orgasm of musical and visual sensory overload. No one word can describe it and I'm not going to even try.

We didn't really know of the true greatness of that tour at the time of course, we were all just along for the ride... :drool: But looking back I get goosebumps thinking about that special time and remembering how special it was to be a part of it.

We want the Zoo TV Sydney concert on DVD!! :hyper: :drool:

:rockon:

We DO want Zoo TV Sydney on DVD. Right now I have a half broke down library-loaned Zoo TV vhs stuck in my player!!!! Just don't think the library is going to get it back intact. :|

Saw them six times that tour - absolutley awesome.

The other day, I was traveeling for work alone in a car and this time I remembered to bring my CD's. I listened to Achtung Baby from beginning to end for the first time in years.

I was blown away by it all over again. I remembered back to when the first time I listened to this Album and was just astounded at the music I was hearing. I ask all of you that read this post when you get a break sometime - like 45 minutes or so. Listen to how Fuc:censored: ing unbelievable this CD is - how it flows and how there's a beginning to it and an end.

In Forums here in the past I've stated that Achtung and Unforgettable Fire are tied on my Fav. U2 Album list. Not anymore!!!

Best Tour

Best Album

Best Songs

ultravioletluvv said:

i have a clip of Ultraviolet being performed that night... :drool: :drool: :drool: but not the whole show... maybe i will look into finding it.... tell me more about it...

UltraViolet (Light My Way) IMHO was the best song performed during the Tour. It is my favorite U2 song.

I could only wish they would pull this gem out and perform it again.:drool:

My well worn tour shirt. There are too many holes in the shirt now, so I only wear it to sleep in.

102695014_4f8f8c9ed2.jpg

102695015_8c21dfab77.jpg

Last edited:
^I was feeling all right about it till you said something about it. :(
(No doubt, it really had to be great! :))

Love your t-shirt MissVelvetDress!

Awww i'm sorry :( I was trying to empathise&hope it didn't come out all wrong :scream:

i cant believe other people like ZooTv, i thought i was the only one!

Back
Top Bottom