Zoo Station vs. Zooropa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zooropa. I love the way the music changes throughout the song. Very atypical of U2. Most U2 songs tend to stay the same throughout, so it's nice to hear something that breaks the mould.

Zoostation because of the Zoo TV tour. When that song started the shows the hair stood up on the back of my neck. I've never been so excited.

Oh no!
This one is tough!

Zoo Station... show opener - maybe the best ever - and the spirit of the song like... 4:36 that seems like a "train that leaves everything in the past"... that song is so huge that even Keane makes a covered-cover of it.

Zooropa... well, no words... 3 songs in 1. That opening piano mixed with those samples, it's so weird that don't seem like it's U2... U2 should have improved it live, it'd be sooo cool:drool:

WOW, unbelievably close for me.....i'll give the nod to Zooropa but both are in my top 25 songs.....i just love the "burst" of energy in Zooropa and i love the song more every time i hear it.....

Wow! That is tough. Hmmmm, sonically "Zoo Station" just completely changed the face of the U2 canon in one 4 minute burst, but lyrically "Zooropa" :drool:

I'm gonna have to go with "Zooropa". I LOVE the whole "dream out loud" concept, and the music . . . well, Zooropa's got that burst too, maybe not as earth shattering after "Achtung Baby!", but it's still there.

ZOOROPA/ It could be yours tonight!

Definitely Zoo Station! Fantastic opener! On the album, the song bursts with this energy very representative of probably how U2 felt entering the 90s with a whole new image! It's awesome live too esp. on the Zoo TV tour. This cannot be said for Zooropa, which granted is an amazing song by itself.

Aber... Zoologischer Garten! :drool:

Also, there would probably be no Zooropa if Zoo Station/Achtung Baby had failed!

Zoo Station, especially live, has this very loose, jam-like feel to it. i think it's fantastic. as for Zooropa. . . maybe if it were 2 minutes long (the last 2 minutes :| )

I guess they're both great for different reasons. Zoo Station is there to pump you up and rock yo socks off, while Zooropa is there to space you out and blow yo brains out...maybe not that extreme, but it's jsut a different vibe with the latter.

If pressed, I'd have to say I like Zooropa better. The "let's go to the over ground" part clinches it for me.

Zooropa :drool: :drool: :drool:

I've never really liked Zoo Station live. I mean, the first part was always awesome, but by the end of the song Bono screwed up all the time when he sang Edge's part "Time Is A Train". Studio version is perfect, with Edge singing high and Bono singing low, but live they always did it wrong. Bono sucked big time every time he sang "Time is a train Makes the future the past ..." trying to do it as the Edge did it in the studio

I think Edge should have done all his singing as studio, as well Bono

:tsk:

what a tough pick....i'll go with ZOO station i guess. leadoff for Achtung Baby, so that breaks the tie.

its tough, Zooropa has better lyrics tho

ozeeko said:
If pressed, I'd have to say I like Zooropa better. The "let's go to the over ground" part clinches it for me.

I completely agree. There's something in the way his voice breaks out there, kind of like the passagio in Lemon and "Braaaaaa" in Ob-La-Di-Ob-La-Da that is just so perfect. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom