ZOMG, We've, like, NEVAR done this!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
coolian2 said:

You're desperately seeking Bonos attention because you're different from the other U2 fan rabble.

Hows that?

If your statement were a rugby team, it just scored 10 points.

Only problem is, the All Blacks have scored 61 points against it.

coolian2 said:

Well, i'm doing better than my favourite team who managed a grand total of two points today.

I've no idea what you're talking about. Rugby league, perhaps?

Rugby league = rugby union for wimps.

Axver said:

I've no idea what you're talking about. Rugby league, perhaps?

Rugby league = rugby union for wimps.

Quick! Lets all kick the ball into touch and take 20 minutes to get to the lineout.

Then lets drop the ball and take another 45 minutes to set the scrum.

Then we can go mental over a penalty goal shootout.

Then we can rest everyone for 12 weeks!

Those league players must be real, real soft to be bigger wimps than that :wink:

coolian2 said:

Quick! Lets all kick the ball into touch and take 20 minutes to get to the lineout.

Then lets drop the ball and take another 45 minutes to set the scrum.

Then we can go mental over a penalty goal shootout.

Then we can rest everyone for 12 weeks!

Those league players must be real, real soft to be bigger wimps than that :wink:

Oh noes, we can't have six or more tackles in one go!

And oh dear, we couldn't possibly have REAL tackles where you get seriously physically involved! Serious rucks and mauls? Pfft, too weak for that.

REAL scrums? The horror!

Yeah, those league players ARE soft.

(The best part? Your characterisation of rugby is a blatant exaggeration. My characterisation of rugby league is ... well ... not an exaggeration. I win.)

Axver said:

Oh noes, we can't have six or more tackles in one go!

And oh dear, we couldn't possibly have REAL tackles where you get seriously physically involved! Serious rucks and mauls? Pfft, too weak for that.

REAL scrums? The horror!

Yeah, those league players ARE soft.

(The best part? Your characterisation of rugby is a blatant exaggeration. My characterisation of rugby league is ... well ... not an exaggeration. I win.)

Well, league does prefer to have the ball in play instead of taking upwards of two minutes - in an 80 minute game - to set a single scrum.

You want real tackles?

71503827to4.jpg

Finally, i watch Union games and stuff that commentators and fans cream themselves over, such as a rare swift backline play, are par for the course in a league game. Perhaps i prefer yelling "run you bastard" to "that's a penalty ref....i think"

1. Achtung
2. JT
3. ATYCLB
4. War
5. UF/Zooropa

WTF is scrum?? Sounds like something Bono would like in dirty, dirty fan fiction :no:

AtomicBono said:

I'm gonna have to agree on this. Honestly if that's your dilemna then... COME ON. but the rest of your list is nice. here i will improve it for you

1. Pop
2. OK Computer
3. Achtung Baby
4. Axtung Babei Outtakes omg im so cool
5. whatever album comes out next

U R lik m3! :drool:

coolian2 said:
Finally, i watch Union games and stuff that commentators and fans cream themselves over, such as a rare swift backline play, are par for the course in a league game. Perhaps i prefer yelling "run you bastard" to "that's a penalty ref....i think"

Honestly, I find league too dull. Sure, sometimes scrums take a bit too long to set in union and that pisses me off, but I generally find it a more exciting game. It has both wonderful running (especially when you have games without Northern Hemisphere teams) and vicious "trench warfare" in the forwards. League, on the other hand ... too back and forth, too standard, it doesn't excite me.

waynetravis said:
Does Bono like rugby?

Yes. He wore the shirts of the New Zealand All Blacks and Irish rugby teams at Auckland II. :up:

Therefore, rugby is the official Bono-sanctioned sport. New Zealand is accordingly the official Bono-sanctioned country due to its worship of rugby. New Zealanders are thus an elite class of people. Interference, bow before the Kiwi contingent!

alanah said:
01. ATYCLB
02. Achtung Baby
03. The Joshua Tree
04. The Unforgettable Fire
05. Zooropa

Oh, no! An answer actually relating to U2's music! :yikes: It BURRRRRRRRRNS!!! :faint:

LemonMelon said:

Oh, no! An answer actually relating to U2's music! :yikes: It BURRRRRRRRRNS!!! :faint:

Wait, U2 makes music?

I thought Bono was that husband of Cher dude.

LemonMelon said:

I have no humorous response.

Dammit. :mad:

You fail at the best thread EVAR.*

*Disclaimer: "EVAR" is defined as "in the last day or so".

Axver said:

Honestly, I find league too dull. Sure, sometimes scrums take a bit too long to set in union and that pisses me off, but I generally find it a more exciting game. It has both wonderful running (especially when you have games without Northern Hemisphere teams) and vicious "trench warfare" in the forwards. League, on the other hand ... too back and forth, too standard, it doesn't excite me.

Funny how i find the same things in league. I guess it just has to be what does it for you.

At least we can all agree both games are better than Aussie Rules football.

Axver said:

You fail at the best thread EVAR.*

*Disclaimer: "EVAR" is defined as "in the last day or so".

Is "ever" a shorter or longer time period than "EVAR!1"? :hmm: Because I think I made a few good jokes in a best thread "ever" once...that was one crazy weekend. :drool:

coolian2 said:
Funny how i find the same things in league. I guess it just has to be what does it for you.

At least we can all agree both games are better than Aussie Rules football.

Ha, indeed. I've always maintained that in rugby (union or league, whichever form of the holy code floats your boat), the men control the ball, while in AFL, the ball controls the men.

LemonMelon said:

Is "ever" a shorter or longer time period than "EVAR!1"? :hmm: Because I think I made a few good jokes in a best thread "ever" once...that was one crazy weekend. :drool:

"EVAR!1" is an official Bono-sanctioned length of time. "Ever" is just a mediocre, watered down period of time.

Or to put it more succinctly, "EVAR!1" is to "ever" like U2 is to Coldplay.

Axver said:

"EVAR!1" is an official Bono-sanctioned length of time. "Ever" is just a mediocre, watered down period of time.

:sigh: Oh, I suck today.

Axver said:

Ha, indeed. I've always maintained that in rugby (union or league, whichever form of the holy code floats your boat), the men control the ball, while in AFL, the ball controls the men.

I like my ball sports to have a bit of hand-eye co-ordination, thank you very much.

Axver said:

Does that means its better or worse?

LemonMelon said:
:sigh: Oh, I suck today.

So do I. Come on, it's 1:30am and here I am, Nigel No Life, sitting here on an Internet forum cracking half-funny sarcastic jokes about a rock band. GO ME!

Axver said:

So do I. Come on, it's 1:30am and here I am, Nigel No Life, sitting here on an Internet forum cracking half-funny sarcastic jokes about a rock band. GO ME!

You're right. You should be out popping ecstacy in a nightclub somewhere. :wink: Cherish the high fever and brain cell loss. :drool:

LemonMelon said:
You're right. You should be out popping ecstacy in a nightclub somewhere. :wink: Cherish the high fever and brain cell loss. :drool:

Correction: I should be curled up reading something nerdish, like Fyodor Dostoyevsky's House Of The Dead or Søren Kierkegaard's The Sickness Unto Death or some random book on political science theory.

But no. While you fail at the best thread EVAR!1, I fail at being a nerd today. :(

Ah, stuff it, I'm going to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom