Yucky Rumour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by u2utah:
There was no Anthrax scare. That was just a stupid rumor. It was only reported by one source (and if memory serves not even a reputable one) then picked up by a couple others.

How do I know it wasn't true? That was during the time that the US media was in a frenzy over Anthrax (and God help us all when the media get in a frenzy over something) and reported every scare, every hoax, every report of possible hoax, every bottle of spilled powdered sugar
rolleyes.gif
etc. It was insane! Yet there was never any report of any anthrax scares in Ireland on any news report or news station, much less at a school. It's just plain stupid to give any thought to those sorts of rumors.

True, there might be something serious going on, but it's really a lot more likely that they finally realized that they weren't going to get squat done on a new album in the next few months with Bono flying all over the world working for Africa, so they decided they'd better plan on taking more time with the new record.

Fair enough... but then why did they cancel this particular event? This was a while ago, when they were scheduled to play in NY just a few days later. So why cancel this event if there wasn't something more serious? You can't blame this cancellation on working on a new record as they were in the third leg of the tour at that point.

Originally posted by doctorwho:
Fair enough... but then why did they cancel this particular event? This was a while ago, when they were scheduled to play in NY just a few days later. So why cancel this event if there wasn't something more serious? You can't blame this cancellation on working on a new record as they were in the third leg of the tour at that point.

My personal opinion about this (since way back when it happened) was that they just didn't like the whole setup/format/organization of this Concert for NYC.

I believe that there was just something about it that U2 did not like and was something that they didn't want to be associated with.

(And to be fair, I am probably biased because I thought that a lot of what went on in that show was a little tasteless.)

Originally posted by doctorwho:
I'm joking! Obviously it was you on both sites.
biggrin.gif

And I waited for a long time, but receive no replies from anyone! I IM'ed others there too and got nothing. Odd...

Actually, I only went to Zootopia because you talked about it here - so good job advertising. I may venture back soon.

I open up a window for Zootopia and a window for here. I must have been hanging out here, because I noticed your message and responded a half an hour after you sent it. If you check back, you will get my message. Also, when I mentioned the bad timing on checking out the site, I was referring to the post Sicy pointed out.

Back
Top Bottom