Yucky Rumour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I understand if each of you don't like the format of Zootopia and don't want to visit there. Please realize that there are a lot of U2 fans there like yourself. I'm one that does frequent both boards and I really feel insulted by the negative Zootopia comments.

Originally posted by BostonAnne:
I'm one that does frequent both boards and I really feel insulted by the negative Zootopia comments.

Don't worry about what some people think. I know some really great people there. I spend more time here because I prefer the format. I don't have anything against anyone over there at all.
Let's just hope this rumour isn't true though Anne. Not that it's in any way your fault though...
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Angel (edited 03-11-2002).]

Originally posted by Angel:
Don't worry about what some people think. I know some really great people there. I spend more time here because I prefer the format. I don't have anything against anyone over there at all.
Let's just hope this rumour isn't true though Anne. Not that it's in any way your fault though...
smile.gif
]

Thank you Angel! I probably shouldn't have bothered with this discussion since it's so upsetting. I feel that there isn't much truth to it, but as MissZooropa said something changed in the last week that they aren't going to continue with plans to tour Europe this summer. I read the rumour before the tour plan change, so it has been bothering me.

Is this a thread to be closed?

Originally posted by MadelynIris:
More confirmation of the rumor:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%22u2+breaking +up%22&hl=en&scoring=d&selm=1994Feb17.165802.837357%40sue.cc.uregina.ca&rnum=9

HAHAHA!!!

And I agree with Sula - Zootopia along with U2.com, have serious flaws in their user interface. But, we all know that Adam's brother owns the company that designed the sites, and hence the real rift in the band.

HAHAHAHA!

Mark

Yeah, Google! That's where the poster on Zootopia mentioned, but I have never heard of it before. Thanks Mark!

I didn't know that about Adam's brother.

Yes, lets close all threads that deal with upsetting things about the band!

There is good and bad in the life and days of U2. But we should only discuss the good.

Shut this thread down!!!11

(ok, I promise I'll stop after this - I will walk away and listen to a new song my wife wrote, and will not come back for hours)

Mark

BostonAnne,

No, that was meant to be a joke. Sorry.
wink.gif
If you look at the post, it was posted in 1994, and is basically the same kind of rumor about Adam not fitting in.

Again, I apologize. I'm on a troll roll, and I promise to stop now!

Mark

Originally posted by zonelistener:

Then, you have to remember the source - another board. We all know that these boards are filled with pranksters.

HEY I object! I still say Puff Daddy was going to sample WOWOY but chose to use the Police song instead. :p

BostonAnne,

No, that was meant to be a joke. Sorry.
wink.gif
If you look at the post, it was posted in 1994, and is basically the same kind of rumor about Adam not fitting in.

Again, I apologize. I'm on a troll roll, and I promise to stop now!

Mark

I did notice that the thread was from 1994, but I think that the rumour about Adam is new since there is no mention of Courney Cox in that thread. Maybe the poster I heard it from heard it in a chat room.

thanks for the Adam's brother correction, because though I didn't think it was the problem, I did believe it possible that his brother ran Zootopia.

I admit, my heart skipped a beat when I read this, but hopefully this rumor is just that: a rumor.

Also, Nelly Furtado kindda looks like Courtney Cox, but it's none of our business anyway...besides, wasn't Adam supposed to have had a big engagement party during the Olympics? See, lotsa people with time on their hands.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
I hear voices, ridiculous voices

Yes, lets close all threads that deal with upsetting things about the band!

There is good and bad in the life and days of U2. But we should only discuss the good.

Shut this thread down!!!11

(ok, I promise I'll stop after this - I will walk away and listen to a new song my wife wrote, and will not come back for hours)

Mark

This is most likely the most respectable U2 message board in the world, hence why threads get closed and/or edited
wink.gif

If you want to read a bunch of garbage and slander against the band, go to one of the billion other message boards that are nothing but crap.

smile.gif

No offense to you whatsoever BostonAnne, you just wanted some answers and there's nothing wrong with that.

------------------
The wind will crack in winter time
No spoken words, just a scream

My Lair

Sorry if you felt insulted BostonAnne, but in all actuality, I have voiced my dislike of Zootopia on numerous occasions having nothing to do with rumours like this. I simply don't like it. I've tried it and found it seriously lacking.

But to each his/her own
smile.gif

Boston Anne, there was definately nothing directed at you, but I have read so many vicious things in Zootopia that it is a total turn off. In fact sometimes it really upsets me.

Its probably what you say that since its the band's official site it attracts a lot of weird sickos.

For me the bad really outways the good on that board.

Sicy,

What's kind of funny about your statement (which I find true, that this is the best run U2 site out there) is that the band's own site don't censor (I like that word instead of "closed and/or edited") such posts. Why is this? No mods? Or a policy against such a thing?

??

Anyhoo, I've just broken my promise of not coming back for a couple of hours.

Anyone suggest some kind of self inflicting punishment?

Mark

Sicy, I noticed that thread earlier tonight. I have never seen anything that offensive on the board and wish it would go away!

Be careful about linking to the Zootopia board. I linked to a thread there once and someone here told me that they ended up posting with my nickname!

It's enough to start a mod appreciation thread here!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by BostonAnne (edited 03-11-2002).]

I just wanted to point out that the whole thing about Larry being pissed about Bono's work outside the band was taken out of context recently. It was from an interview when ATYCLB was being recorded! The interview just happened to replay recently and has everyone up in arms now.

[This message has been edited by Zoomeranger (edited 03-11-2002).]

Be careful about linking to the Zootopia board. I linked to a thread there once and someone here told me that they ended up posting with my nickname!

Thanks! I made sure I am not logged in.
That would suck.
icon1.gif

[This message has been edited by Sicy (edited 03-11-2002).]

Puh-lease.
rolleyes.gif

If Courtney Cox was potentinally having an affair, Ted Casablanca from E! Online would have caught it. You can check there, but I know you won't find anything. If Ted can't see it, no one can. And the Larry thing is defintly taken out of context.

The band is fine. They just need a vacation.

------------------
"I have a dragon, and I know how to use it. I'm a donkey on the edge!" -Shrek

Happy Birthday, Adam!

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

I understand if each of you don't like the format of Zootopia and don't want to visit there. Please realize that there are a lot of U2 fans there like yourself. I'm one that does frequent both boards and I really feel insulted by the negative Zootopia comments.
Boston Anne...in no way I was putting down Zootopia...not at all...and what I meant is some people like to stir up crap on boards...it happens everywhere...on the PJ board I go to..some non-fans will come on just to crap on everyone....happens all the time. Hell...I'm sure it even happens here...I'm just not here everyday to catch it.
Peace to the Zootopians....I don't want to fight with anyone...I like the format here better. I glanced at Zootopia and found it hard to use...LOL..I'm a computer moron!!!LMFAO!!
Peace y'all.
Let's just hope the rumour isn't true....
Love Autumn

People! Get A grip! Don't let something posted on a message board be treated as gospel truth. If the band ever does break up, your not going to learn about it first on the internet.
Relax, take a deep breath, grab a beer if you want and sit down. Just because the Elevation tour looks to be officially over does not mean the band is. These type of rumors have been happening actually since the end of the Unforgettable Fire tour. Give the band a break and let them relax and make the next album.

What I think is the truth:
the band is tired and is getting over-exposed so they are going to take holiday for a while, be w/families, Bono will be into his activism(main reason) and unfortunately, there is not enough money to be made for them in Australia(part of the tour) so they said forget it.....weren't they confirmed to play with Oasis?

Zootopia does have mods actually. One is called Sysop and s/he has deleted threads. S/he has said they have done this and I know for a fact that threads are delted/moderated because one of mine disappeared!

------------------
I am a cowgirl of funk*

That is the person that abuse is reported to.

I dont believe they actually "moderate" the board if they allow some of those threads to stay there, i.e. the one about penis size.

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
I know for a fact that threads are delted/moderated because one of mine disappeared!

You bad ass! Causing trouble all over the internet!
biggrin.gif
lmao!

U2 would never break up because of Adam's alleged affairs. Wasn't that one of Bono's ten commandments: it's ok to break up over artistic reasons but never women or money? Something like that.

------------------
I miss the innocence I've known
Playin' KISS covers beautiful and stoned

Yeah Angelgirl, thats me.
I scare children, I'm so bad.

Actually I think it was asking a question about why the chat room didn't work! hehe

------------------
I am a cowgirl of funk*

Back
Top Bottom