You've heard GET ON YOUR BOOTS? - Post all thoughts, reviews, discussion HERE Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn I thought it was 'foxy boots' not 'bossy boots'.

Ha! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who heard an "f" in there. I was like "... what? frosty boots? That can't be right ..."

I'm a little bothered by the boomy, distorted bass I hear on my copy, but I have no idea if it's the mp3, my iPod, or the headphones I use. Probably just some delightful combination of all three.

I can't wait to hear it on the proper CD on my stereo.

I just don't like it very much. I think it's in the Vertigo/Elevation/New York/Hold Me Thrill Me vein, with power/barre chords and not much melody to speak of. It's also a little like Discotheque in that it really doesn't have much of a chorus. I don't think it will be a timeless song.

That said, I'm not necessarily concerned. There 's always a song or two on each record I really don't like at all (still hate Bullet the Blue Sky, When Love Comes to Town, Numb). Who knows if this song is a harbinger. I don't think I'll like Stand Up if it's more of the power chord/blues-rock as described (Led Zeppelin/Jack White).

I'll just have to wait a couple of months to see if there are any songs more to my liking. I'm a long-time U2 fan, having first seen them in 1984, and having seen them about 25 times, so I know that it's best to withhold judgment.

new york?????

Check out the official lyrics:

I got a submarine
You got gasoline
I don’t want to talk about wars between nations

Not right now

Hey sexy boots...
Get on your boots, yeah
Not right now
Bossy boots

No one answered me, so I'll ask again,
I was listening to Boots again and I perceived a new sound:
Could anyone tell me what is the sound that comes along with the pre-chorus. It's a very sharp; metalic sound. I like that a lot and I wonder from where it comes from. :hmm:

Another thing. I've been listening to Boots a lot. And I've been thinking: what if I don't hear it again until the album comes out???? :hmm::hmm:

FYI....a big positive will be the amount of hooker boots on display at these concerts.

Bono is always thinking

I have a clean promo cd rip , blows away anything from HTDAAB or ATYCLB , kick ass U2 , wait 'til everyone hears a proper lossless recording , then make an opinion on sound quality

GOYBPromoCD.jpg

You don’t know, and you don’t get it, do you?

:up:

new york?????

Yenlard, yes, there are power/barre chords in New York, esp the "chorus" (if that's what you call it). Hate that song.

I do not think Boots bears any resemblance to New York other than the power chord riffs.

You think it's a power chord riff?

BonoVox - there is a fuzzy, distorted "bottom end riff" that is played at the beginning of the song (after the drum fill) and repeated several times throughout but yes, much of the guitar work throughout is mainly power/barre chord guitar work (other than the repeating riff and the six-note solo).

Overall, not my cup of team at all. In fact it enters my all-time least favorite top 10 or so (Miami, Bullet, Numb, New York, Elevation, Vertigo, Love Comes to Town, Vertigo, Love and Peace, Discotheque, Mofo).

Nah

its not recaptured the glory of yesterday

still 6.5/10

the lyrics are appauling - i like the chorus bit with "your beautiful"

submarine/gasoline rhymed together?

I agree with those who said that hardcore U2 fans are touchy so and so's

Not as bad as Scientology followers though so thats a consolation i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom