You've heard GET ON YOUR BOOTS? - Post all thoughts, reviews, discussion HERE Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They've moved fast in deleting those download sites, has anyone made an mp3 of it from U2.com?

After hearing it a few more time with the speakers on low volume, I'm prepared to say that you really can't make the call on the song without straight up blasting it.

Also, this automatically fits into any live set they could play. Put it with the AB songs, put it with the HTDAAB songs, I just wouldn't open with it.

Roomie goes to work in an hour or so then I am going to make my ear bleed/cum

i wonder how many of these opinions are going to remain in the future :hmm:

I'm liking the song, it's growing on me already...:love:

So do you guys really think this is something special?

my cousin, who is 14 years old, a casual fan, basically hates this song, and said it's one of his least favorite u2 songs....and laughs at the "sexy boots"...he just thinks it's stupid

Ok I just went to preorder the album on Itunes and it's telling me I already purchased it :ohmy: I'm afraid if I hit buy I'll be charged twice. :huh:

Did anyone else find themselves thinking about Boots in this pattern?

First listen - "hmmm, interesting, a bit like Vertigo, doesn't sound like a hit."
Couple more listens - "hmmm, actually this is much deeper and better than Vertigo, lots of layers, really nice. Too bad it won't be a huge hit among the general public."
Few more listens - "Wow, this song is fantastic. Just great. Maybe it will find an audience, though not to the same extent as Vertigo."
Few more listens - "Holy fuck this song is blowing my mind this will be the greatest hit of any band all time my face is melting when does the tour start when do i buy tickets i am going to die i am going to die! :drool::drool::drool:"

nothing like staying up till 4 in the morning listening to this over and over....it is totally not what i expected....unbelievable!!!!!the more i listen the more i love this single!!!:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: I can only imagine this live:love: nice shout out by 2FM there...nothing like listening to a live feed from ireland while sitting here in cold and snowy pittsburgh pennsylvania :up:

Did anyone else find themselves thinking about Boots in this pattern?

First listen - "hmmm, interesting, a bit like Vertigo, doesn't sound like a hit."
Couple more listens - "hmmm, actually this is much deeper and better than Vertigo, lots of layers, really nice. Too bad it won't be a huge hit among the general public."
Few more listens - "Wow, this song is fantastic. Just great. Maybe it will find an audience, though not to the same extent as Vertigo."
Few more listens - "Holy fuck this song is blowing my mind this will be the greatest hit of any band all time my face is melting when does the tour start when do i buy tickets i am going to die i am going to die! :drool::drool::drool:"

:lmao:!!!!!!

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. :wink: :up:

I much prefer this to Vertigo. Probably one of the most playful things they've ever done, the band sound so urgent and that chorus is great, like others have said shades of Beatles and Queen. I wasn't sure at first but its really starting to grow on me.

i wonder how many of these opinions are going to remain in the future :hmm:

I'm liking the song, it's growing on me already...:love:

So do you guys really think this is something special?

I think I'll be over it in a few days, but for now :love: Get carried away! Who cares if your opinion changes in a month. Your favourite band won't release a single as hot as this after four years of silence every day!

Catchy tune. Won't have the mass appeal that Vertigo had, I don't think. Kind of a similar tune in that it comes at you at a fast, frenetic pace. Was not a big fan of the chorus, initially, but after listening to it for the seventh time, it grew on me. Can't wait for the other songs!

Love the part where they stretch out the "you are"
there's something about it that reminds me of "Because" by The Beatles

This is killer and daring for this point in their career. The Stones were on auto-pilot well before this age

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom