You've heard GET ON YOUR BOOTS? - Post all thoughts, reviews, discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Musically, to satisfy me, they don’t need some huge departure. They can be straight up rock or ‘traditional’ U2 or shoot off on some weird trip, doesn’t bother me. I’m looking for depth and quality back in their music. No more paint-by-numbers music running behind Bono nursery rhyme quality lyrics. Stop splashing around in the shallows, swim back out to the deep end.

Umm no can't tell you how many but TONS. All i remember is waking up on a sunday (or saturday) morning ready to go to work and seeing that the album leaked over night and then the place went crazy! I never saw so many swear words describing the songs LOL

Wow... :lol:

Probably like, OMG!!! AMAAW has the best f'in bassline, and that riff on CFYT is Edges best, OMG! Yahweh is THE SHIT!

Was it like that?

Then a month or so later, the bitching began. :wink:

NLOTH is gonna rock, but there won't be a major change like in R&H / AB.

There was a huge link between R&H and AB: God Part II. I'm sure that there are going to be moments that are reminiscent of pieces of HTDAAB or ATYCLB, no matter how drastic a change the rest of the album is, and people are going to nail them for it. :tsk: Every album, no matter how big the change, has clues to the next album & to those that came right before it.

Can we leave HTDAAB in the past please??? Thinking about directionless, mind-numbing songs like Miracle Drug and Crumbs From Your Table is making me ill. The album is total crap. :doh:

It's time for the :heart:SEXY:heart: BOOTS!!! :love: :dancing:

Yeah...after the high went away and the hangover settled in.

And then they're like...

OMGZ! City Of Blinding Lights sounds to effingz U2ish, One Step Closer was like watching Bono unload his shitz! ZOMG, and Bonoz lyrics are shit nowadays! ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG! I want to kneel on your soul with ur heart!

I should stop now. :|

Can we leave HTDAAB in the past please??? Thinking about directionless, mind-numbing songs like Miracle Drug and Crumbs From Your Table is making me ill. The album is total crap. :doh:

It's time for the :heart:SEXY:heart: BOOTS!!! :love: :dancing:

Get On Your Boots, yeah! :drool:

Yes sir, I will get on those boots.

No, actually that was Edge and his boat.
But we can't get him....

HE'S ON FIRE AGAIN!!!!!!!!

And that idiotic Bono dropped the fire extinguisher into the ocean at Edges yachtwarming.

:madwife:boo to all bashing Crumbs, boo i say!:madwife:

Crumbs are awesome.

Crumbs = Heaven

(and yes those are equals signs and not text place holders)

Crumbs is actually a very good song even with some production flaws.

I do, yes.

We'll have to hear the rest of the lyrics, but if they convey Bono's disapproval of the war, we can discuss the lyrics and their relevance. But I think saying something along the lines of "only rich oil men can justify this war" is a bit asinine, especially for a forum that isn't FYM and for a song of whose lyrics we know very few.

sorry did we bug ya didn't mean to bug ya...ok edge play the boots.

There was a huge link between R&H and AB: God Part II. Every album, no matter how big the change, has clues to the next album & to those that came right before it.

:up: :yes: We also got 'Night And Day' before 'The Fly' was unveiled, and that song was a big eye-opener that we were in for something new (as far as U2 were concerned) with the next album.

So if Ireland is going to play it 8am, then I guess us here in the the USA will probably be able to dl it by 4AM ET ?

Adams probably in his green tea brewery, so he can't help.

How about Paul McGuinnez? :wink:

I don't know...

He probably would try to find a way to sell Edge's fire.
(Y'know... before the whole world burns...)

To me GOYB sounds similar to Discotheque. It gives me that same feeling from the different electronica effects. Must say I am impressed. Vertigo was more in the straight up I will Follow vein. One thing that let Vertigo down bigtime was the very un-original guitar break. Edge has used that guitar break too many times and it sounded crap in Vertigo. In fact HTDAAB had several rubbishy re-hashed solos, Crumbs was another one that repeated the same thing over and over. Crumbs was actually a decent song that just got boring the more the song went on and the repeated guitar solo just about finished it off.

Anyway GOYB is more akin to Pop in the way it sounds. I hope the album is as promising. From the beach clips (Magnificent, Breathe and Unknown Caller) it does sound like it could be great.

I see that this has turned into a single-listening party...somebody hit me hard in the face, i'd like to be knocked out and wake up in like 5 hours.

in the meantime...i'll be here, getting progressively drunker.

I do concur Crumbs , Miracle Drug and COBL are :drool:

I've only listened to one of the GOYB clips, and only once.....But in addition to the "Pump It Up" sound that people have mentioned, the "submarine/gasoline" part gives me a little bit of a "She's So Cold" by the Stones vibe. :hmm:

To me GOYB sounds similar to Discotheque. It gives me that same feeling from the different electronica effects. Must say I am impressed. Vertigo was more in the straight up I will Follow vein. One thing that let Vertigo down bigtime was the very un-original guitar break. Edge has used that guitar break too many times and it sounded crap in Vertigo. In fact HTDAAB had several rubbishy re-hashed solos, Crumbs was another one that repeated the same thing over and over. Crumbs was actually a decent song that just got boring the more the song went on and the repeated guitar solo just about finished it off.

Anyway GOYB is more akin to Pop in the way it sounds. I hope the album is as promising. From the beach clips (Magnificent, Breathe and Unknown Caller) it does sound like it could be great.

You know the world has gone topsy-turvy when you're more positive about the new album than I am.

How times change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom