You're the Best Thing About Me - Song Discussion Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you prefer the acoustic version of my cuntiness?

Seriously, I was polite to start off with, and you treated me like shit.

The song is NOT available to me, for whatever reason. And others have stated this also.

Members like you are ruining this forum by your extreme rudeness and downright disrespect!

Last edited:
U2 would be ashamed to see Axver's posts here, learning that they have such a horrible and nasty person for a fan!

I am curious as to Axver's age, because I can't imagine anyone over the age of 40 typing what he types. That would be totally cringe.

Give me some links then. Because all that's coming up for me is the spotify snippets.
7bd82b39670baa1bb95ec1cd5de0fde5bf5bfb9a_hq.jpg

It's on iTunes, Google play, Apple music, play music, Spotify, tidal, Amazon... Literally every place you can get music from. If you can't find it I really don't know how to help you.

7bd82b39670baa1bb95ec1cd5de0fde5bf5bfb9a_hq.jpg

It's on iTunes, Google play, Apple music, play music, Spotify, tidal, Amazon... Literally every place you can get music from. If you can't find it I really don't know how to help you.

All have to pay for those though? Or join?

I mean, if I get that desperate then I will pay. But I just thought I could stream this version for free somewhere, seeing as all the other versions got that treatment.

I was expecting it to be on U2's facebook page, or youtube (which for some reason isn't there for me)

Last edited:

I mean, if I get that desperate then I will pay. But I just thought I could stream this version for free somewhere, seeing as all the other versions got that treatment.

Spotify Free doesn't exist anymore? Otherwise that's a way to stream it for free.

Wow....this thread got really bad quick.

Jarvio,

It will likely be on YouTube very soon or someone can PM you a rip or link to a share point. Unfortunately, I don't think you will find that it was worth all the unnecessary crap you had to endure today.

It literally is there, right now.

Perhaps your country has blocked it. In which case, shut the fuck up, get a VPN.

Though it's uploaded by the band's official YouTube channel, so I doubt it's blocked for your country.

To be fair, I'm in the UK, searched for it on Youtube and couldn't find it.

Following your link, I see the video is blocked here (which seems unusual). So no doubt it's on Youtube, but unsurprising some people in certain countries can't find it via search.

In any event, I do have a VPN, so it's not an issue, and finally listened to the song. I sorta guess it's an improvement, relatively speaking. The song still sucks.

EDIT: Axver, have to say this. I have as much respect for you as anyone on this board, if not more. You're better than this and out of line here mate.

Last edited:
Wow....this thread got really bad quick.

Jarvio,

It will likely be on YouTube very soon or someone can PM you a rip or link to a share point. Unfortunately, I don't think you will find that it was worth all the unnecessary crap you had to endure today.

Fair enough, I will just wait for youtube probably.

Just a FYI to everyone, I get easily insulted and offended in real life as it is. So for members on here to do it, and for no reason, gets me extra riled up.

Fair enough, I will just wait for youtube probably.

Just a FYI to everyone, I get easily insulted and offended in real life as it is. So for members on here to do it, and for no reason, gets me extra riled up.

You didn't do anything wrong and no one should be spoken to like that in person or on a U2 message board.

Just think at the positives: in about 2 months you will have 11(or 12) new U2 songs and likely a bunch or remixes and different versions of a lot of those songs that you can listen to non-stop!!

Also, likely a U2 tour announcement and then of course Star Wars episode 8 ;)

Seriously, I was polite to start off with, and you treated me like shit.

The song is NOT available to me, for whatever reason. And others have stated this also.

Members like you are ruining this forum by your extreme rudeness and downright disrespect!

Mate, look under my screen name. I'm a vocal parasite.

U2 would be ashamed to see Axver's posts here, learning that they have such a horrible and nasty person for a fan!

I am curious as to Axver's age, because I can't imagine anyone over the age of 40 typing what he types. That would be totally cringe.

I'm 30.

And under the effects of post-grand final shandy

I've also had 30 beers. YELLOW AND BLACK! OH WE'RE FROM TIGERLAND!

I was expecting it to be on U2's facebook page, or youtube (which for some reason isn't there for me)

You don't have to pay to join Spotify. And if you like U2 this much, surely the iTunes charge is immaterial?

Or you could just Google for the MP3. There are tricks to find MP3s (the links to the DMCA takedown notices have the offending URLs, which are often still live).

EDIT: Axver, have to say this. I have as much respect for you as anyone on this board, if not more. You're better than this and out of line here mate.

Gotta tell cunts they're being cunts.

But seriously, it's not an offensive word in Australia, as a court has ruled (I love this so much): https://www.buzzfeed.com/joshtaylor...t-of-this-sign?utm_term=.flRZZY5qy#.cvnAAydlB

It's all in good fun, don't take it too seriously. I genuinely mean no malice.

The song was not on YouTube when I posted. Searched for an hour. It was also not on iTunes when I posted. It is now. I don't do Spotify because I don't want another subscription to something I wouldn't use a ton. But hey, keep making fun of me being behind the times or whatever.

The song was not on YouTube when I posted. Searched for an hour. It was also not on iTunes when I posted. It is now. I don't do Spotify because I don't want another subscription to something I wouldn't use a ton. But hey, keep making fun of me being behind the times or whatever.

The song is on the free version of Spotify.

As of today, it's now reaching more people on US radio than any of the 3 SOI singles. And it's still rising relatively fast on the important HOT AC chart. On its current pace, it's quite possible this song will be their best radio performer since HTDAAB.

Joined spotify, I'll never use it though, that's why I didn't want to join, I don't really follow much new music these days, I just listen to my huge catalogue of stuff I already have, and anything new I just youtube. So I will never use spotify, but screw it, I joined now. Heard the acoustic version, was nowt special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom