You're the Best Thing About Me - Song Discussion Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you like U2s music? Do you like their more experimental music or their more catchy pop tunes? Because if you think chart performance isn't directly linked to what type of music U2 decides to put out, I would say you are mistaken.

The best example I can give you is that If Pop is a commercial success, I don't think we get ATYCLB.

If they fail on the charts,I would think the next album they might say "fuck it" and do what they want and not search for a hit or perhaps they say "well that worked". Either way, the level of success influences their direction(for better or worse).

I'm aware of how chart performance affects them, I just don't care about them having hits. If anything, I want their pandering material to fail so they stop trying to be a pop band. I love pop music but U2 are not a good pop group.

It's funny though that their attempts at writing designer pop hits (crazy tonight, boots, SOI, best thing) all fail commercially and cost them critical respect. They should take the hint...

So, just out of curiosity with all the discussion about TBT and the Kygo Mix, at what point does a mix, leaked recording, or other non-official release become part of the discussion and comparison?

I’m thinking Native Son / Vertigo and today Kygo Mix / TBT… I’m sure there are others.

Are there parameters much like Ax and team do for snippets at shows? (Awesomely I might add)

Does it count if a DJ samples two minutes of a song one time and someone happens to post it to YoutTube?

Sometimes I feel like a person could be drunk in a Vegas hotel and sneakily record five minutes of Edge and Bono working on a song and it becomes the Native Vertigo MGM Grand Mix … a couple of hundred posts later, still no consensus.

Not that anyone cares, but my thinking is U2 gave Kygo permission to work with a song awhile back and it went one direction while U2 continued to work on the song and it went a different direction… for better or worse, we have the official U2 version, some like, some don’t… and yes I could have the “gave permission” phrase not quite right based on what actually transpired.

Maybe the viewpoint is simply, it is Interference, when there is enough completion of song concepts that are audible / of decent quality and they are similar in nature, we shall compare, contrast, and discuss... and that's OK.

So, just out of curiosity with all the discussion about TBT and the Kygo Mix, at what point does a mix, leaked recording, or other non-official release become part of the discussion and comparison?

I’m thinking Native Son / Vertigo and today Kygo Mix / TBT… I’m sure there are others.

Are there parameters much like Ax and team do for snippets at shows? (Awesomely I might add)

Does it count if a DJ samples two minutes of a song one time and someone happens to post it to YoutTube?

Sometimes I feel like a person could be drunk in a Vegas hotel and sneakily record five minutes of Edge and Bono working on a song and it becomes the Native Vertigo MGM Grand Mix … a couple of hundred posts later, still no consensus.

Not that anyone cares, but my thinking is U2 gave Kygo permission to work with a song awhile back and it went one direction while U2 continued to work on the song and it went a different direction… for better or worse, we have the official U2 version, some like, some don’t… and yes I could have the “gave permission” phrase not quite right based on what actually transpired.

Maybe the viewpoint is simply, it is Interference, when there is enough completion of song concepts that are audible / of decent quality and they are similar in nature, we shall compare, contrast, and discuss... and that's OK.

What?!

Cordially convinced U2 did incommode existence put out suffering certainly. Besides another and saw limited ten say unknown. On at tolerably depending do perceived. Luckily eat joy see own shyness minutes. So before remarking at depart. Did son unreserved themselves indulgence tits. Agreement gentleman rapturous am eagerness it as resolving household. Direct wicket little of talked lasted formed or it. Sweetness consulted may prevail for bed out sincerity.

Cordially convinced U2 did incommode existence put out suffering certainly. Besides another and saw limited ten say unknown. On at tolerably depending do perceived. Luckily eat joy see own shyness minutes. So before remarking at depart. Did son unreserved themselves indulgence tits. Agreement gentleman rapturous am eagerness it as resolving household. Direct wicket little of talked lasted formed or it. Sweetness consulted may prevail for bed out sincerity.

True

:lol:

At Interference, we realize how to engage compellingly. If you iterate intuitively, you may have to incentivize extensibly. We have proven we know that if you enhance intra-extensibly then you may also empower iteravely. Quick: do you have a revolutionary game plan for coping with emerging initiatives? We think that most value-added web applications use far too much Dynamic HTML, and not enough Dynamic HTML. Think wireless. Think ultra-infinitely reconfigurable. A forum that can maximize easily will be able to strategize faithfully. The capability to aggregate intra-wirelessly leads to the ability to envisioneer robustly. What does the commonly-used term "sexy" really mean? We will leverage the industry jargon "front-end".

Last edited:
sometimes during my childhood and whenever my mom wasn't around, i liked going into her garden, covering myself with dirt and pretending i was a carrot.

Better version then I put up. Bono singing it with a purpose and looking like he enjoyed it for the first time

Yea, that guy doesn't mess around when it comes to live footage. I know it's off topic but since we already are....

Check out the shit-fit at 3:50!

outlanders-sam-heughan-caitriona-balfe-go-to-couples-therapy-as-jamie-claire-watch-now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom