You're the Best Thing About Me - Song Discussion Thread #2 - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2017, 03:45 AM   #556
The Fly

Local Time: 02:03 AM
Sometimes this place seems more like an anti-U2 forum than a fan forum. Jesus.

Old 09-24-2017, 04:06 AM   #557
War Child

Local Time: 03:03 PM
What the hell was that acoustic version about? Honestly, sometimes I literally have no idea what they’re thinking. Most times I can see the alternative point of view about a song decision or arrangement, but that there is utterly baffling, all the more so in a stadium gig.

Old 09-24-2017, 04:25 AM   #558
Refugee

Local Time: 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blujein View Post
It seems there are many non-U2 fans or U2 haters are here posing as U2 fans. I hate this kind of activity very much. Why come in a band forum you do not like !!! I hate Bon Jovi, Coldplay etc and I never go to their fan site to express my disdain for them.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:59 AM   #559
Vocal parasite

Yeah, people whose opinions differ from my own, get the fuck out.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-24-2017, 05:05 AM   #560
Refugee

Local Time: 04:03 PM
Quote:
I know,basically the whole thread is just bashing the band.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:43 AM   #561
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Yeah, people whose opinions differ from my own, get the fuck out.
Is that what I said?
Old 09-24-2017, 07:47 AM   #562
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasin73 View Post
It seems there are many non-U2 fans or U2 haters are here posing as U2 fans. I hate this kind of activity very much. Why come in a band forum you do not like !!! I hate Bon Jovi, Coldplay etc and I never go to their fan site to express my disdain for them.
Stuck in a forum you can't get out of.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:51 AM   #563
Refugee

Local Time: 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasin73 View Post
If you don't want to read people bashing U2 then travel back in time bto when they consistently made good music.

It makes sense that this thread is critical because The Best Thing in all its iterations is terrible for a variety of reasons, and the remix is embarrassing. This is easily U2's worst song. At least Crazy Tonight is smoothly arranged and SUC has some interesting moments.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:03 AM   #564
The Fly

Local Time: 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Island View Post
If you don't want to read people bashing U2 then travel back in time bto when they consistently made good music.

It makes sense that this thread is critical because The Best Thing in all its iterations is terrible for a variety of reasons, and the remix is embarrassing. This is easily U2's worst song. At least Crazy Tonight is smoothly arranged and SUC has some interesting moments.

We get it...you don't thing TBT is a good song. Reasonable people can disagree. But that's one song off an album we haven't heard yet...and considering their last album was well received by U2 fans it's hard to say they are not consistently releasing good music.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:10 AM   #565
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Is that what I said?
Might as well have, yeah.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-24-2017, 08:12 AM   #566
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:03 AM
I’m negative!
Old 09-24-2017, 08:28 AM   #567
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviastar View Post
We get it...you don't thing TBT is a good song. Reasonable people can disagree. But that's one song off an album we haven't heard yet...and considering their last album was well received by U2 fans it's hard to say they are not consistently releasing good music.

There are posters who have reasonable criticism of the band and then you have others that don't just tear apart the newest release but song titles to songs they haven't heard and a few lines to songs they have never heard. It's actually comical.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:49 AM   #568
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
The acoustic version doesn't sound like four separate songs pasted together, so I don't know why it's getting heaps of shit here. It's one of the exceedingly few occasions that U2 have improved a song by playing it acoustic.

But really what's happened is that it's gone from being a 2 or 3/10 to a 4/10.
I say it was awful because I was there and it was awful. And I don't mind if you don't agree. It's ok. But that was the single worst live U2 experience I've had. Including the Chicago 360 show where I spent about 80% of the evening having a panic attack.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:10 AM   #569
The Fly

Local Time: 11:03 PM
The acoustistic version of TBT is defiantley not much more better.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:35 AM   #570
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoKramer View Post
There are posters who have reasonable criticism of the band and then you have others that don't just tear apart the newest release but song titles to songs they haven't heard and a few lines to songs they have never heard. It's actually comical.
Sorry, but for me the lyrics he quoted to Get Out Of Yer Own Way are kinda horribly bad, regardless of a melody that is yet to come. On another personal note, like everyone here I have heard three of these new songs and I know other users like them to varying degrees. I don't. I felt the last release was a mixed bag too, but Cedarwood, Wolves > The Troubles was a fine run and Invisible was a really good companion single.

I like the band, but like more than a few people it seems, I'm perplexed at their woeful Hot 100 pop hit chasing, it's not happening, they must know fine that they are operating in a very different music business than the one they still dominated (as regards singles) in 2005, it's one where (sadly) most big acts over 40 really struggles to have their new music make a huge impact to begin with, let alone get a huge Top 10 hit, unless (a loud cough > Coldplay, Chainsmokers, Big Sean) they are willing to sacrifice not just their integrity, but often their dignity to achieve it.

Tags
2017, single, songs of experience, the best thing, u2