You're the Best Thing About Me - Song Discussion Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefully, this shuts at least one person up.

I guess, though, it's good to know you guys can turn on each other, too.

Dunno who you're referring to, but both videos are not available it says.

Anyway I've heard it via spotify now.

Dunno who you're referring to, but both videos are not available it says.

Anyway I've heard it via spotify now.

Let me bottom line this for you. It's no one else's ultimate responsibility to make sure you hear the 23rd mix of this song.

As far as U2 goes, they're so warped with overcooking at this point that they feel the need to release 23 different versions in the first place.

The song's not that great...no matter which way you mix it.

I'm glad they're releasing new music but they're so possessed with relevance that their instincts are dull as fuck and they've lost touch with what made them great in the first place. The granny glasses are just a microcosm of that. There's not much else to figure out.

NEXT.

Last edited:
Let me bottom line this for you. It's no one else's ultimate responsibility to make sure you hear the 23rd mix of this song.

Not once did I ever imply that. Someone said to someone else that it was on youtube. I responded and said no it isn't. Then I was called a cunt.

Then we found out that the youtube video is for some reason blocked in the uk. (And you're last post further proves that because those videos don't work for me).

Then I was called a cunt again.

I have done NOTHING wrong, so if you think I have, read again.

Not once did I ever imply that. Someone said to someone else that it was on youtube. I responded and said no it isn't. Then I was called a cunt.

I'm sorry if I was being too blunt. These here are some pretty murky waters at times.

I love talking about U2 (obviously) but how many threads about this mediocre song are we to have?

Look, SOI was much better than I thought it would be and I'm sure there will be some highlights on SOE. However, so far (for me personally), I'm not overly impressed with what I've heard.

IMO, we have three songs in the 5-7 range. We won't know much else until they drop something else.

Last edited:

Then we found out that the youtube video is for some reason blocked in the uk. (And you're last post further proves that because those videos don't work for me).

I have done NOTHING wrong, so if you think I have, read again.

You were called a cunt by someone who lives in a culture where cunt is essentially a term of endearment.

Also, I asked why you couldn’t get it on iTunes over 24 hours ago and you never responded? Some people may be getting frustrated with you because it is starting to seem like you posted asking for illegal/free channels to listen because you couldn’t be arsed paying the band a pound.

Not once did I ever imply that. Someone said to someone else that it was on youtube. I responded and said no it isn't.

Then I was called a cunt.

Lol....that's exactly what happened but when you summarize it like that it made me laugh!

Cunt in scotland means many things,for instance you can be just a cunt. Or you could be a good cunt,which nobody would take offense to! You can also be a stupid cunt,daft cunt ect. But if you are just a plain old cunt,that's bad!

You were called a cunt by someone who lives in a culture where cunt is essentially a term of endearment.

Also, I asked why you couldn’t get it on iTunes over 24 hours ago and you never responded? Some people may be getting frustrated with you because it is starting to seem like you posted asking for illegal/free channels to listen because you couldn’t be arsed paying the band a pound.

Last night at 11:30 I tried to find it on iTunes and it said it was only available in Australia.

Why is everyone overreacting to try and tell me I've done wrong or whatever?

I didn't see your itunes question. Must have just missed it, I was busy being called a cunt and stuff ya see.

Never said I wouldn't pay for it, I just thought it would be widely available for free first, because all the other versions of this song have been. And I'm not talking about illegal downloads, I'm talking about stuff like U2's facebook page. And their youtube channel, which, I repeat, doesn't have this version on in the UK. No idea why.

I'm done justifying this anyway, there's nothing to justify! I was just curious as to why I couldn't find it, and then when I told people the videos weren't working, they didn't believe me?!

I don't even care now anyway. I've heard it now, so why is everyone still talking about this??

(and lol at you trying to justify someone calling me a cunt)

Last edited:
As far as U2 goes, they're so warped with overcooking at this point that they feel the need to release 23 different versions in the first place.

The song's not that great...no matter which way you mix it.

I'm glad they're releasing new music but they're so possessed with relevance that their instincts are dull as fuck and they've lost touch with what made them great in the first place. The granny glasses are just a microcosm of that. There's not much else to figure out.

NEXT.

Sadly, all of this.

I do like The Blackout a lot, though.

Wow....this thread got really bad quick.

Jarvio,

It will likely be on YouTube very soon or someone can PM you a rip or link to a share point. Unfortunately, I don't think you will find that it was worth all the unnecessary crap you had to endure today.

:up:

i was going to say the same - if Jarvio still can't get hold of it, pm me and i will be happy to send - i am embarrassed to see this behaviour from long-time posters - i am actually shocked, and i'm pretty unshockable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom