You're the Best Thing About Me - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the start, the mix is less polished and a bit more raw than we heard on SOI. Just as I think it is on the Blackout which is encouraging.

The little instrumental part of the bridge was interesting. Otherwise it was pretty much as expected based on the Kygo remix and leaked rehearsal footage.

I expect it'll get some hate here, and it's not the type of song that made me fall in love with U2, but it's not bad. We knew, from Kygo, it was all about the melody hooks and the groove. And those are pretty strong.
I like the mix in the verses.
Adam may well be the star of this album.

I was taken back by the sudden swerve early on. Other than that, I don't know quite what to think yet.

First impression is that it's plodding. The production is a bit meh, it's in the proper style but the song needs more breathing room (for great "breathing room", see pre-chorus of The Blackout). Also, Bono's vocals needs to be much lower in the mix.

I think when it was a basic pop song that highlighted the hooks there was a simple magic to it. I can't find that magic on first listen. Hoping it grows.

I think when it was a basic pop song that highlighted the hooks there was a simple magic to it. I can't find that magic on first listen. Hoping it grows.

Yeah that simple magic I was kinda digging, this one is just no for me

Those synth accents (or whatever they are) in the second verse not working for me - maybe it will grow though. But I think I liked the new bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom