You're Most Memorable U2 Moment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sitting outside the studios in July 2002, pointing out (accidentally) to the police that Adam Clayton's car was parked in a NO PARKING/WILL TOW zone, then looking up and seeing Adam making faces at me in the window. Then meeting Edge and getting a ride home to my apartment in Dublin, from Adam.

Rafiennes said:
...And what was great was the audience slowly coming around to her and they realizing that in fact, Patti Smith and NOT 10,000 Maniacs wrote ‘because The Night’. Fantastic...[/I]

Actually Bruce Springsteen wrote "Because The Night"

Kiki said:
sitting outside the studios in July 2002, pointing out (accidentally) to the police that Adam Clayton's car was parked in a NO PARKING/WILL TOW zone, then looking up and seeing Adam making faces at me in the window. Then meeting Edge and getting a ride home to my apartment in Dublin, from Adam.

:faint: :shocked:

Kiki said:

:shocked: :shocked:

Kiki said:

Um, W...T...F???
:ohmy: :combust: :combust: :faint: :camera: :shocked: :shocked:

That is un-freaking-believable!!!
(and congratulations too! :) )

I'll have to cheat and give two:

1. Front row inside the ellipse, 26 May 2005, Boston. Gloria? Check. The Fly? Check. Out Of Control? Check. Edge laughing at me and my friend waving signs for One Tree Hill and 11 O'clock Tick Tock? Check. Bad/40 to close? Fuck yessssss.

2. One Tree Hill, 25 November 2006, Auckland. It was the live moment. I don't need to see U2 live again after that. Unless they play Heartland or something.

Axver said:
I'll have to cheat and give two:

1. Front row inside the ellipse, 26 May 2005, Boston. Gloria? Check. The Fly? Check. Out Of Control? Check. Edge laughing at me and my friend waving signs for One Tree Hill and 11 O'clock Tick Tock? Check. Bad/40 to close? Fuck yessssss.

2. One Tree Hill, 25 November 2006, Auckland. It was the live moment. I don't need to see U2 live again after that. Unless they play Heartland or something.

3. Eating Tim-Tams in front of my computer for several hours as I watched my very first set list thread.

:lmao:

I didn't have a drink this time, though, NSW. You're not going to make me buy a new computer screen that easily.

I have to cheat, too – and do give a top twelve:

1. Auckland II (25.11.2006): "One Tree Hill"
2. Melbourne (18.11.2006): "With Or Without You"
3. Dublin III (27.07.2005): "40"
4. E. Rutherford (18.05.2005): "Gloria" & "The Ocean"
5. E. Rutherford (18.05.2005): "Sometimes You ..."
6. Miami (02.12.2001): "In God's Country"
7. Vienna II (27.07.2001): "11 O' Clock Tick Tock"
8. Reggio Emilia (20.09.1997): "Please"
9. Modena (12.09.1995): "Miss Sarajewo" & "One"
10. Dublin II (28.08.1993): "Ultra Violet"
11. London II (12.08.1993): "Bad"
12. Munich (25.05.1992): "Where The Streets ..."

... and many more, most memorable moments ...

Standing in line between the Brooklyn Bridge and Manhatten Bridge waiting to get into Fulton State Park.

I will never forget the image of turning around and seeing U2 standing on a flatbed truck riding accross the Manhatten Bridge. You could hear Bono talking into the microphone saying hello and that he would be there in a few minutes.

After waiting four long years between ATYCLB and HTDAAB, and for a band that has provided me with so much comfort with it's music, it was a thrill to see them again.

Watching U2 for the very first time in Miami. It was incredible. Something that up to that point seemed impossible.

Edge appeared on stage and after several minutes of watching technicians come and go on that very same stage I wasn´t quite sure if it was him. I asked the guy beside me "Is that Edge?!?!" and he said with a huge grin on his face "Who else?"

Well, he started playing the intro for COBL and at the moment when the rest of the band kicked in I raised my hands in triumph in complete disbelief that I was standing right there on the spot where I thought I would never be and simultaneous to me raising my hands lights went up all over the place. THAT was my most unforgettable moment. Just ethereal.

BrownEyedBoy said:

Edge appeared on stage and after several minutes of watching technicians come and go on that very same stage I wasn´t quite sure if it was him. I asked the guy beside me "Is that Edge?!?!" and he said with a huge grin on his face "Who else?"

I had a similar experience in Auckland. I was like "is that the Edge?" And then me and my 2 friends started jumping and screaming like school girls, I remember saying "I can see the Edge, I can see the Edge!" over and over and shaking my friend. Written word can't describe the state of my voice when I was saying that, I was so excitied my vocal chords went all closed up or something and I could barely get the words out.

It was my first time seeing them, it's kind of the unbelief that you are actually there and are going to see them in the flesh and they are going to play all these great songs that have been in your life forever...

Because of he delay in the 5th leg, it was nearly a year between queueing for tickets the concert. A lot had changed for me in that time, it's hard to explain without going into detail, but I guess i was having a faith crisis and was going down a self destructive track, getting into an old scene that was doing me no good. That scene generally is full of U2 haters and particularly Bono haters. After defending him for ages and the band it kind of insidiously crept into my mind that they do indeed suck and Bono more so. I was going to sell my ticket and not go to the concert at all. I was very close to walking away from my relationship with God also at this point.

My U2 loving friends convinced me to go to the concert anyway, I had already paid for it a year ago, and besides it's going to be an awesome experience no matter what.

Even the trip up to Auckland was great, just being with people who are a fun time and they don't even drink! then the concert, OMG seriously I couldn't have been in a darker place internally, and then suddenly it was like BAM the lights went on. I had a major spiritual experience at the show... it wasn't just the music, the excitement, I could really feel the Holy Spirit, it was intense. I was like, "what have I been doing? what was I thinking of walking away for?" I spent alot of the concert with my arms raised worshipping God, (I don't think it was Bono...) in fact I had to keep reminding myself to open my eyes because it's not everyday you see Bono or this spectacle.

Anyway after that weekend I completely stopped hanging out in the bad scene, deleted all the phone numbers off my phone, stopped visiting an internet forum that was my main link to that scene and didn't go out to any shows associated with that scene.

I believe U2 saved me from making the hugest mistake of my life.

Hmmmm....this is a tough one...

I will go with standing only a couple of feet away from Bono at the "B" stage at Vertigo Adelaide during Miss Sarajevo - that bit when Bono sings the opera bit, I was that close that i could see the beads of sweat on his forehead! I just burst into tears, it was the most beautiful thing i think I've ever seen!!!

I haven't been to see U2 yet :( But thats because I got into U2 in the midst of the Vertigo Tour and wasnt really interested in concerts yet. But were definetly seeing him next time. I do have one experience though.

The first time I listened to Achtung Baby, sometime in the summer a few years back, it was just amazing. It was a great experience. Zoo Station was just awesome, and then all the other songs. I loved UTEOTW, and all the others. That was when I reached a turing point and became a diehard fan.

Being in Croke Park, in the rain, for the first vertigo date in dublin, at the tip of the catwalk and watching bono sing who's gonna ride your wild horses.

And also watching the band walk on stage with the house lights on in Ft. Lauderdale for the first elevation show, and ripping straight into elevation, that just blew my mind forever!

Trinity3000 said:

I had a similar experience in Auckland. I was like "is that the Edge?" And then me and my 2 friends started jumping and screaming like school girls, I remember saying "I can see the Edge, I can see the Edge!" over and over and shaking my friend. Written word can't describe the state of my voice when I was saying that, I was so excitied my vocal chords went all closed up or something and I could barely get the words out.

When the house lights were still up we saw them heading for the stage, the whole section went batshit crazy (or more batshit crazy than we were going after Wake Up started) and i just kept thinking "Holy crap it's finally happening" over and over.

Wonderful memories, everyone. I've been a "U2-head" for many years, but finally got to see them at Notre Dame during the Elevation tour, 10-10-01. My sister and I both somehow scored a pair of tickets off of Ticketmaster, which was a minor miracle in itself (the Joyce Center at ND has a capacity of about 10,000). We kept the better pair (about the 12th row behind the stage) and tried to talk our brother and other sister into taking the other pair, but no luck--boy, were they sorry later!

Anyway, when Bono strolled out on the stage, saying, "The heart is a-bloom", it was our own batshit crazy moment. The show was almost like a religious experience for us, following so closely after 9/11, Bono's father's death, and our own mother's passing. We sang, we danced, we laughed, we cried--almost as if we weren't two middle-aged women. :wink: I still get shivers and smile when I listen to the CDs from the show.

Oh--and we got to see Larry pull his shirt off over his head as he started down the stairs behind the stage at the end of the show. :drool:

My most memorible U2 moment----

Freezing my butt off with fellow Interferencer 2orangecats, at Burke Lakefront Airport in Cleveland at midnight---watching Vertigo Air touch down.

Good times.

My first show ever in Minneapolis 2005, the moment they sang "But I still Haven't Found What I'm looking For", which has really special meaning to me. I wasn't sure they would sing it, but when i heard the opening notes, i thought i was going to cry my eyes out, i was so ecstatically happy! "Oh my God! I don't believe it!! I am finally, finally, after 20+ years, going to hear this song for the very first time LIVE!!" That just rocked my world :rockon: , and getting to see Bono perform it just so closeby, i thought I was levitating with happiness.

ok, that was it. happy happy joy joy..........:dancing: :dancing:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom