Your Top3 re-incarnated live U2 songs so far

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
In no particular order:

Angel of Harlem- Zoo TV

Where the streets have no name - Popmart

The fly - Elevation

I haven't heard enough of U2's live catalogue to come up with three, but I loooooooooooooooove The Fly Elevation version.l

Well, "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" from PopMart and "People, Get Ready" anytime they played it. Oh, and I actually liked the acoustic version of "Desire" during PopMart and Elevation, especially the Albany date where Bono throws in some lines from "Not Fade Away," "1969," and both Van Morrison's and the Doors' "Gloria."

Where The Streets Have No Name - POP MART 97/98 , Telavive , Mexico , Holland and other shows , just a great version of the song , excellent idea of music outro .

I Will Follow - POP MaRT 97/98 , short punk version of the song, i like it .

Desire - ZOO TV , Mofo-party version , ROAR!!

Bullet The Blue Sky
Where The Streets Have No Name
The Fly

Bullet and Streets keep being reinvented every tour which is so amazing!!!!
The Fly was such an amazing hit on the Elevation tour, everyone was gobsmacked!!!

I think, for me anyway, Bad from Popmart is my fave of any tour. I don't know if anyone noticed, but Edge played it slightly different, and Bono sang it slightly different as well. Thought slightly played different, it was noticable, and very much different from any other tours.

Sunday Bloody Sunday-JT tour (See Rattle & Hum for definitive version IMHO)

Bad-UF Tour (Live Aid...of course)

New Years Day-Zoo TV & Pop Mart-great versions in both videos

Desire - ZOO TV
The Fly - Elevation
Out of Control - Elevation (new lyrics in spots)

Please: The album version is pretty ok, sits well on an album.But the live version (which eventually became single ver) is in the premier league of U2 songs.It transition live is as powerful as classics such as Bad, Streets etc.

Last Night On Earth: Again the outro madness from one The Edge makes us wish, "why dont they do more rock?"

Walk On: Its very hard.The album ver is a gem in itself, but the single version with hallelujahs becomes more uplifting and powerful.From best song of an album it becomes, best (??) song by one of the best musicians of all time.

Honourable Mentions

Dirty Day
Bullet the Blue Sky
Discotheque

Saracene said:
The Fly - Elevation

Running to Stand Still - ZooTV

Dirty Day - ZooTV (limp and lifeless on Zooropa, stole the show (IMO) live)

yeah, Dirty Day was fantastic on ZooTV

Back
Top Bottom